Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I luv the clear side markers... But what I found (and am looking for a place to buy) are the Clear LED, side markers... found some on e-bay but one vendor has not replied to my question (usually not a good sign)
Does anyone know who makes these (manufacturer) and where I could get them?

Sponsored vendors are more than welcome to reply. would prefer to do business with someone who has already been approved by other members...

I guess I should ask if anyone has them installed and has had any problems with them too.

Sorry for the over sized pic, all I could do...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a reply from another source, supposedly these are from over seas...
any other leads people?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have them and have had no problems with them at all except if you get them, you should seal the edges with some kind of silicone to prevent moisture getting in them. I just got a second set so I can do this properly and will be unloading the old set soon if you're interested. PM me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't pm yet, haven't been on here ten days, . but I'm gonna try this e-mail link thing hope it works e-mail me here

Thanks....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have my join date as 3-11, so as soon as I can I'll send you a note.
Though I have ask though, why get new ones and not fix the ones you have?

Thanks Again...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
They have my join date as 3-11, so as soon as I can I'll send you a note.
Though I have ask though, why get new ones and not fix the ones you have?

Thanks Again...

I'm a little OCD! I like to start anew with new parts. The ones I have on right now work fine. There is some moisture in the driver's side one and it's driving me nuts! (It has happened many times before and as soon as the weather gets warm it all evaporates out). If you still want them, I can dry it out and reseal for you. BTW, you need to (anyone in general when you purchase these but I already did) get some LED array circuit boards that have the bulb size 194 male socket attached to it because these side markers only come with two wires exposed from it. I spliced the wires from the side markers to the wires from the 194 size male socket and it was essentially plug n' play. Does that make sense at all? I feel like I rambled...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm a little OCD! I like to start anew with new parts. The ones I have on right now work fine. There is some moisture in the driver's side one and it's driving me nuts! (It has happened many times before and as soon as the weather gets warm it all evaporates out). If you still want them, I can dry it out and reseal for you. BTW, you need to (anyone in general when you purchase these but I already did) get some LED array circuit boards that have the bulb size 194 male socket attached to it because these side markers only come with two wires exposed from it. I spliced the wires from the side markers to the wires from the 194 size male socket and it was essentially plug n' play. Does that make sense at all? I feel like I rambled...
you rambled. i got lost after "im a little OCD"

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... get some LED array circuit boards that have the bulb size 194 male socket attached to it because these side markers only come with two wires exposed from it. I spliced the wires from the side markers to the wires from the 194 size male socket and it was essentially plug n' play....
Huh?
I'll play my girly card on that one...

I have no idea what you just said, LOL. LED whata-boards with what attached to them?
um... radio shack? autozone? pep boys?
can't I just splice n solder, with some shrink tube?
give me a hint, don't want to break a nail doing this, LOL.
thanks for the heads up to...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Huh?
I'll play my girly card on that one...

I have no idea what you just said, LOL. LED whata-boards with what attached to them?
um... radio shack? autozone? pep boys?
can't I just splice n solder, with some shrink tube?
give me a hint, don't want to break a nail doing this, LOL.
thanks for the heads up to...

I know, I know sorry. Check this item out on ebay:

eBay Motors: BLUE 24 LED CIRCUIT BOARD BULB 194 168 158 921 912 (item 260219993891 end time Mar-19-08 19:53:08 PDT)

Item #260219993891
You need that plug on the end, not the circuit board itself, to plug into the existing 194 socket where the current stock bulb sits right now. The led side markers come with only 2 wires hanging out the back. You need to splice those two wires to the two wires from these LED "circuit" board lights so that you can use the "plug" or "male" socket part thingy to install into the existing stock housing so that they will light up (at least that's what I did and it was easy). Hopefully this explanation makes sense this time. Let me know.....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it, so it's the plug I'm really looking for rather than the circuit board. Kewl. I can handle that... I can rest now...

10th day tomorrow, I can PM, whoo-hoo! I'll pm you so we can settle on something for the lights.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Got it, so it's the plug I'm really looking for rather than the circuit board. Kewl. I can handle that... I can rest now...

10th day tomorrow, I can PM, whoo-hoo! I'll pm you so we can settle on something for the lights.

No doubt! Holler at me...

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey ta8sty 1 I got mine from us speed, they are a suppoting vender. Instead of the amber bulbs I went with clear leds and in my opinon it looks much better. as far as your other thread, DEMOLD! check out the clear markers, and my demold at I finally did it under exterior mods, take care!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GRRRrrr, 10 days, way more than 10 post and I still can't PM, what gives?
would you email me since I can't PM?
maybe we can figure something out on these lights. just click where it says "email me" LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw those LEDs on e-bay (the clear lens with 3 amber LEDs $50.00) I also saw clear lens on ebay for $20.00 but just the clear lens... that just replaces the OE lens...i guess you can buy LEDs to replace the OE buld. Any suggestion on what looks better?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts