Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what bulb or where i can go to get a clear bulb for the turn signals front and rear i jsut want to replace it with a clear one instead of the amber....i would love to do the side marker but i know nothing is out for that yet thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i dont want the bulb to light orange when it light up i want a all clear bulb that omits a clear glow

·
Registered
13 Posts
300 on 22s said:
no i dont want the bulb to light orange when it light up i want a all clear bulb that omits a clear glow
You do understand that that violates DOT regs and will get you pulled the first time you have to make a turn with a cop around? Besides, most drivers would be confused by a clear blinker. If you were ever in an accident during a turn, your insurance wouldn't cover you either becasue of using clear blinkers.

About the best you can do (legally) is to use SilverVisions (or a similar bulb) to negate the yellow tint visible during the day. Turn signals have to light yellow to be legal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Also, when looking for bulbs and parts where there are difference between the models of 300's...please include your model. Otherwise you may be getting incorrect info. And DON'T make your blinkers blink clear. Nobody needs to be that different.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was behind (for about 2secs :) ) a Honda ?? Convertible that had the clear signal blinkers. I must say it looked kinda of cool. I'm not sure I will go there yet my 300C is Cool Vanilla not sure how that will look, the Honda was Silver!

·
Registered
365 Posts
What's your boss gonna say IF YOU break the law? :^))))

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best bet is to get clear turn signal covers, and leave the lights so they blink a yellow color. That's legal. As stated above, having a clear blinking signal will get you pulled over all the time, and tickets like crazy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
BTW, would the lower current draw of LEDs cause any problem with the directionals? Surely the whiz-bang 300 doesn't use bimetal flashers...

·
Registered
290 Posts
mileshoover said:
What's your boss gonna say IF YOU break the law? :^))))
:) :) Thats why I will just like it from a far. :) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
cmego said:
BTW, would the lower current draw of LEDs cause any problem with the directionals? Surely the whiz-bang 300 doesn't use bimetal flashers...
Yes it will, even the C does not have a bimetal blinker relay they have an electronic flasher with current limiters. If one light bulb is burned out the blink rate increases to signal a dead bulb. To overcome this with LED's you have to install a load resistor of 6 ohms/25 Watts from the signal wire to ground.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a touring and yes i know its not dot legal but believe me i dont car casue where i live u didnt get tickedted for that kinda crap casue i use to have a 7 color changing led neon kie and i have limo tint know sound system etc...so pretty much any mod to a car other than stock is considered illegal if we wanna be tecvhnical but i know ur just trying to look out but ya i have a touring and want a complete clear bulb i hate the orang it looks horrible.....any info soon would be good cause im in so florida and wont be able to go out tommorow casue of francis!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
sylvania silverstar bulb upgrade???

I recently purchased slyvania silver star bulbs for my low beams, high beams and turn signal and found that all three did not fit correctly. It seems that on the bulb assembly each have a very small tab that is needed to lock the bulb in place. All the differetn bulbs assembly little tabs are centered, rather than the stock bulbs tabs seems to be offset a bit. I went to one custom shop and two different Pepboys and came to the same conlcusion on all three bulbs set at all three stores. I believe that kev55 described in a thread that he had installed these bulbs but unless he had special ordered them, all retail stores bulbs seem to come the same. It may be because these bulbs are different for 2005 cars or he forced them in somehow.

In conclusion, if anyone has purchased slyvania silver star bulbs, 9006 (low beam), 9006 (high beam), and 3057(turn lamp) please help!!!!

Dave
Chicago

·
Registered
61 Posts
you probably can get by since your familiar with your area and what type of violation the law can tolerate. the problem is when you take your car to a different state. it sucks! i was enjoying my driver from tints with no problem until i took it out of state. it was a fix it ticket then but was a pain in the a$$. when i get my 300 it will be 35% all around except the front.

300 on 22s said:
i have a touring and yes i know its not dot legal but believe me i dont car casue where i live u didnt get tickedted for that kinda crap casue i use to have a 7 color changing led neon kie and i have limo tint know sound system etc...so pretty much any mod to a car other than stock is considered illegal if we wanna be tecvhnical but i know ur just trying to look out but ya i have a touring and want a complete clear bulb i hate the orang it looks horrible.....any info soon would be good cause im in so florida and wont be able to go out tommorow casue of francis!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
scandaloustrick said:
I recently purchased slyvania silver star bulbs for my low beams, high beams and turn signal and found that all three did not fit correctly. It seems that on the bulb assembly each have a very small tab that is needed to lock the bulb in place. All the differetn bulbs assembly little tabs are centered, rather than the stock bulbs tabs seems to be offset a bit. I went to one custom shop and two different Pepboys and came to the same conlcusion on all three bulbs set at all three stores. I believe that kev55 described in a thread that he had installed these bulbs but unless he had special ordered them, all retail stores bulbs seem to come the same. It may be because these bulbs are different for 2005 cars or he forced them in somehow.

In conclusion, if anyone has purchased slyvania silver star bulbs, 9006 (low beam), 9006 (high beam), and 3057(turn lamp) please help!!!!

Dave
Chicago
I ordered my sylvania silverstar on the net. I have them on low and high beams . Am using Nokya arctic whites for my fogs. I had dealer install them with no problems.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I had a few customers purchase our Stealth Bulbs for the front turn signals and they said 3157's fit fine. Our Stealth Bulbs appear chrome but blink amber which makes them 100% street legal. Also, they're made in the USA and have a lifetime guarantee. See pix below of our bulbs on a Ford Lightning. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts