Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm crazy for the Black Pearl 300C, but currently owning a black Ford Ranger, I'm EXTREMELY hesitant in owning another black vehicle again in my life. My second choice is Magnesium, but it just isn't the same as the gorgeous Black Pearl.

So, what I'm HOPING I can do is use some paint protection option - like Clearmask (or anything else you guys make suggest) to help ease the pain of keeping a black 300c clean. Any opinions on the matter or previous experience? Is it a giant con? Will it greatly ease the pain of owning a black vehicle?

All thoughts appreciated, thanks.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
A quality paint sealant like Zaino works well on my PearlBlack.

I have 3 applications now. The surface is like glass. Dirt does not stick easily. A quick dusting or touchless car wash cleans it up. Do not use a carauba wax. It melts in the heat and holds onto foreign particles.
Here's a link: http://www.zainobros.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, my buddy used the zanio on his black car....he bought a California duster, and wipes it down every other day and it looks fantastic! washes once a week of course--every Sat or Sun, but the California duster works wonders after that zanio was applied

the dirt just blows off

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does it affect scratches/etc? I've heard some stuff is great with that, as a feather can scratch a black car and leave a mark.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Ty Webb said:
How does it affect scratches/etc? I've heard some stuff is great with that, as a feather can scratch a black car and leave a mark.
Zaino is great with scratches. It will actually help prevent them. They have a specific formula to use for heavier scratching (Z5). It doesn't buff the scratch out, but optically hides and reduces it. It does work wonders, but I've not personally used it on black. Ty - what part of OC are you in?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in North OC - Stanton to be particular. Think using Zaino on Black Pearl will compensate for my worries, or should I stick to Magnesium?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Ty Webb said:
I live in North OC - Stanton to be particular. Think using Zaino on Black Pearl will compensate for my worries, or should I stick to Magnesium?
I personally think Zaino makes black look spectacular, but nothing can truly compensate for the continuous need to clean a black car. I thought real hard about getting a black C, but ended up getting silver since I didn't want the additional upkeep that black requires.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Any black car looks fantastic when kept in pristine condition. But most of us are part time binge cleaners and just don't do the total 100%- o- the time work that some of you do. The invisible guard stuff stops stone chips but the dirt on black paint will still be there. Swirls will be on any paint color, but the darker the color, the easier to see.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Brilliant Black & Zaino here too.. along w/the cali duster (although i am not always so confident the duster is not scratching up my beautiful car!) I'm in Santa Monica and even with the ocean breeze keeping the skies a little less smog filled I still get my LA grime layer after about 3/4 days.. The Zaino does kick a$$.. more than a few real busy weeks I have blown off the weekly wash for a quick spray down w/ Z6 and big blue microfiber towel with awesome results. MUCH faster than washing & drying and I don't get ugly little drips all over the place like I do after a full wash (I never have time to let it sit there and have all the nooks & crannies air dry!).

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a black C with the clear bra on it. It has been on since mid August and is working well. I used the Klasse twins as my sealant and I am happy so far. I do not dust my car, I just wash it every weekend.

Here's a thread about the clear bra I got installed.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Ty Webb said:
Rather than a wax like Zaino, what about a clear coat? anyone familiar with these?
Hi Ty,

Zaino is not a wax. It is a polymer sealant that bonds at a molecular level with the paint surface on your car. The 300 already has a thin clearcoat over top the metallic black pearl paint.

With sealants like Zaino, all the hard work is when you first get your car. It is easy to put on and you do not use a buffing machine. Each coat layers onto the next, protecting the paint and giving that deep, reflective wet look.

There are several threads in this forum about car care and detailing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
South OC here, and the Cali Duster is NOT leaving any scratches on the surface. I use the Meguiars spray for bird droppings, but I hear great things about the Zaino products. Listen to Pixel...use the micro-fibers for wash and dry and you will rarely see the spider web scratches. I saw Toothdoc's magnesium up close, and it is a very nice color but this is my 1st Black car and I think it is worth every bit of the extra care.

·
Registered
580 Posts
yeah 05Hemi I am loaded up with microfiber towels and they work just as advertised my finish is still basically flawless after a couple of months and quite a few washes. I think it's not so much the duster itself that worries me as much as dragging all the filth and grit across the surface with the duster! At some point I am going to have to get over this irrational babying of my car but it is the first brand new car I ever bought for myself and I LOVE IT. ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
PixelPusher said:
yeah 05Hemi I am loaded up with microfiber towels and they work just as advertised my finish is still basically flawless after a couple of months and quite a few washes. I think it's not so much the duster itself that worries me as much as dragging all the filth and grit across the surface with the duster! At some point I am going to have to get over this irrational babying of my car but it is the first brand new car I ever bought for myself and I LOVE IT. ;)
So I washed my wife's car this weekend (Black 2004 Sonata). So when I went to the autoparts to get the stuff, I saw the micro fiber towels starring at me, so I decided to pick up two 3packs. WOW... I am so glad I read this post on Sunday morning, you are right, I washed the car and let it dry ( I use the Mr. Clean spotless system) and NOT A SINGLE swirl mark, I was impressed on how smooth they are...

Question, is it worth washing? I mean, the lime green one, which is the one I used to wash off the dirt, looks black :)

I also waxed it (I couldn't find a sealant) so I used this: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax.

I like it cause there's no hard buffing required and the micro fiber towel did a hell of a job at removing the powder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paint protection is good, I have it on my MBZ. I might be bias though since the company I work for carries the product. If you need further info on paint protection film email me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts