Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I noticed that sometimes when I push on the brake pedal I can feel a little click instead of a smooth motion. It only happens at the very begining when pushing the pedal. The brakes on the car work fine and I don't feel any shimmy or shaking during or after the click. I don't get it all the time and I know I'm not imagining this. Anyone have any ideas or have the same problem? I'll mention it at my next service appointment unless the brakes start acting up completely.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have developed the exact same click at 2K miles, it is only intermittent. It almost feels as if the rubber pedal is clicking against the metal base. Did not give it much thought but I thought it odd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check to see if it's the break light switch. Have someone stand behind the car and press the pedal. Check to see if the light comes on when you feel / hear the click. I've seen this on other cars.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Guys,

I noticed that sometimes when I push on the brake pedal I can feel a little click instead of a smooth motion. It only happens at the very begining when pushing the pedal. The brakes on the car work fine and I don't feel any shimmy or shaking during or after the click. I don't get it all the time and I know I'm not imagining this. Anyone have any ideas or have the same problem? I'll mention it at my next service appointment unless the brakes start acting up completely.

Thanks
John

Did you get this fixed?
My parking brake release sticks halfway occasionally and the brake pedal clicks.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Danno! You have been such a help..as ususal! Seems the problem is common and nothing to worry about..should fade in time:biggrin:
Thank you as well for pointing that out.

Well, some members are saying it went away while others are not.
I can even feel a heavier click almost a light thump thru the brake pedal while the car is downshifting to a stop.

Not normal in my opinion. Will get it checked at the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts