Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having the same problem?

Yesterday, having set the both the airflow and mode switches to Auto and both the temperature settings to 24 degrees, my wife and I were getting blasted by cold air from the face vents when the outside temperature was 22 degrees.

I can accept that, initially, the car will try to drop the temperature as quickly as possible after standing in the sun for some time but this cold air issue was still happening two hours or so after starting out. I had been traveling at between 70mph and 90mph and assumed that a ram effect at that speed might have caused an increase in the airflow to the cabin but switching on the re-circ didn't slow the airflow or, increase the temperature.

The dealer, today, suggested trying to find a manual setting to suit our needs but surely, an automatic system should provide the environment we want, automatically. He suggested that the sensor in the climate control panel senses the temperature given of by the occupants and it could be that we were warm and that's why the air was cold. Maybe, but the wife was complaining of being cold and the goose bumps on her arms would suggest that she wasn't exaggerating.

Is there a diagnostic that can be run to test the system?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did the dealer check if you have the latest software, I know there were problems with the 2005 models

·
Registered
931 Posts
Anyone having the same problem?

Yesterday, having set the both the airflow and mode switches to Auto and both the temperature settings to 24 degrees, my wife and I were getting blasted by cold air from the face vents when the outside temperature was 22 degrees.

I can accept that, initially, the car will try to drop the temperature as quickly as possible after standing in the sun for some time but this cold air issue was still happening two hours or so after starting out. I had been traveling at between 70mph and 90mph and assumed that a ram effect at that speed might have caused an increase in the airflow to the cabin but switching on the re-circ didn't slow the airflow or, increase the temperature.

The dealer, today, suggested trying to find a manual setting to suit our needs but surely, an automatic system should provide the environment we want, automatically. He suggested that the sensor in the climate control panel senses the temperature given of by the occupants and it could be that we were warm and that's why the air was cold. Maybe, but the wife was complaining of being cold and the goose bumps on her arms would suggest that she wasn't exaggerating.

Is there a diagnostic that can be run to test the system?
if i hold my hand too close to the sensor, like when i am scrolling through songs. the sensor picks up my bodyheat, and cranks the cold.

im not sure if it could do this, because you had a coffee in the cup holder?? but that sounds far fetched to me.

i dont really have an answer. but you could try cleaning the sensor with a Q-tip. i doubt it would work, but its just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts