Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Duh!!! We have a registry. I forgot about that.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/4518-srt-8-registry-35.html

Looks like 345 SRT's have registered in the registry. I would imagine everyone with an SRT has probably registered it. Now all we need is a total number for Coolant issues. So far 37 out of 345 is 11% so far. I know we have more folks with the issue, we just have to keep working it.
Heh, I forgot as well. Virtual beers to you, GEN XER :beerchug:

%11 ain't that bad of a statistic - we're at least in a zone where I'd hazard a guess that we're not noise, statistically speaking.

Everybody, keep registering if you have the problem!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I agree. If you take that and apply it to all SRT's sold 11% is a huge number of cars with the same problem. 11% of 20,000 is 2,200 cars and if everyone went for the lemon law thats an estimated $92,400,000 worth of cars to buy back. I think its cheaper to for them to find a permanent fix. Dont you.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
2006 300 SRT8
Build Date: April 06
12000 miles and stock T-Stat
Noticed it March 07
Haven't done anything about it, am going to take the additive part number recommended by the SRT engineers, and request system be flushed and add the additive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 SRT8 Charger
Build date: 9/06
First noticed: 4/07
Status: Car parked now for 3 weeks. Dealer has "ordered parts", whatever that means. My goose now smoking hot, burned to a crisp. Built adapter to backflush through bleed hole atop thermostat housing (3/8" NPT). Picked up two gallons Zerex G-05 coolant and 3 gallons DI water this afternoon. Cannot find mystery Zerex additive. Have ordered 4 gallons Quantum Blue AF from Brian. Have not seen it, or heard back from him after ordering it over a week ago. Blew personal gasket on this today, and am having at it after I post this. Wish me luck.

Miles: 5813

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Magnum SRT8
Build Date: june 06
6100 miles and stock T-Stat
Noticed it Feb07 after my drive from FL-MI. it leaked fluid all over my garage, dealer said they dont know what to do about the foam/ammonia smell, so they just changed the fluid and the cap on the reservoir tank. Drove back down to FL a few days later, car got the same smell/foam in the tank, went to the dealer they flushed/exchanged the reservoir tank, and put some kind of dye in it, because I am leaking fluid too, somewhere. Now, 2 weeks later, i am Low again, but i can't tell if its foaming/smelling bad because of that dye.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
2006 Magnum SRT8
Build Date: june 06
6100 miles and stock T-Stat
Noticed it Feb07 after my drive from FL-MI. it leaked fluid all over my garage, dealer said they dont know what to do about the foam/ammonia smell, so they just changed the fluid and the cap on the reservoir tank. Drove back down to FL a few days later, car got the same smell/foam in the tank, went to the dealer they flushed/exchanged the reservoir tank, and put some kind of dye in it, because I am leaking fluid too, somewhere. Now, 2 weeks later, i am Low again, but i can't tell if its foaming/smelling bad because of that dye.
I really hope all this work and effort pays off and we can get past this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Add one more

Found this thread yesterday.

Original everything.
Fluid at normal level.
Strong ammonia smell.
White crap in tank.

2006 300C SRT8
Build Date August 20, 2005

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dux
- Year and model: 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8
- Car build date: March or April 06
- When you first saw the problem: Jan, 2007 - System flushed and reservoir tank replaced at +/- 3100 miles
- Whether you still have the problem: Yes, no more white floaties, but cloudy and ammonia smell has returned -- taking it back soon
Approximate milage: 5400
Took my ride back in to dealer -- service rep is a very good guy, has always treated me well and honestly, best I can tell. He called u the chain to someone from DCX, the report back was that they're working on a solution, will let us know when they find it, no need to worry, don't need to flush.

Now, I'm not at all confident about those last two items, but, at least for my dealer, it's a wait it out and see. I've got the problem documented, at least, so when the whole thing melts down in the Houston summer, I'll at least have a nice record (not that that'll amount to anything, but, what the . . . .)

·
Banned
968 Posts
P.S. you can add me to the list BTW

Coolant Bottle has Cottage Cheese Looking Substance, White residue seeping from cap.

Noticed about 1000 miles ago, So at about 3200 miles

2006 CSRT8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out the coolant gunk thread over at the Chargerforums.com. For most people who have had the temporary fix recommended by DCX, it hasn't worked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
- Year and model -2006 SRT-8
- Car build date - September 2005
- When you first saw the problem - July 2006
- Whether you still have the problem - i have had my engine out to do engine work and fluids were replaced at that time, i have not noticed the cloudy coolant returning

·
Registered
5 Posts
2006 dodge charger srt-8
build date of dec 2005
9k miles to date
discovered problem feb 2007 (how long i had it, unknown)
dealer replaced entire cooling system (radiator, heater core, t-stat, hoses, overflow tank, etc.)
problem is back as of now, at least the smell, zerex additive seems to keep the "floaties" away.......
hope their is a fix soon!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Year and model: 2006 Charger SRT-8
- Car build date: 05/06
- When you first saw the problem: Jan, 2007 (That's the first time I looked for it)
- Whether you still have the problem: Unknown. I got the dealer flush and had to buy a new coolant bottle at my own expense. The bottle & coolant are clear after 1000 miles but I don't know what's inside the engine. Still slight ammonia smell.
Approximate milage: 11,100

61 - 80 of 270 Posts