Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....this definately sounds like it's a thud in the rear end when cruising letting off gas and pressing back on (not flooring it) a thud occurs. :pat:

Having tranny fluid checked and will have them check the drive shaft this afternoon.

What else could this be? T converter? Are there bearings in the drive shaft? It def sounds like its in the rear end.

AWD model.....

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
U-joint or constant velocity joint.
Those in the drive shaft assembly? It's gotten worse from the issue I reference in another thread....where it was happening right before a stop....

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it....is that a disconnect to check that joint?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Yeah. Most of the time you'll hear it when shifting into gear and definitely will hear it if you back off on the throttle at highway speeds. When they get real bad, when you lift at freeway speeds you'll feel a vibration. Get your joints checked. ;)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come to think of it....I do get a mild vibration as well...Hmmmmmm. Well, I'll have them check that today. Thanks boss!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't get the rear clunk from letting off the gas very often but I do sometimes get a quick, mild vibration right when you first throttle, ESPECIALLY in D and after coasting for XXX amount of seconds.

RWD obviously...

So has anyone here properly diagnosed the problem and made the correct repair to fix it? Cuz it's become quite annoying lately...

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think mine is related the AWD transfer case. They didn't have time to check the u joint on the drive shaft but km taking it back in for that next week. My tranny fluid was fine.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How would a DIY'er check the UJ? And if it is indeed bad, how troublesome of the r&r? (that question is for anyone who might know the answer)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I think you have to disconnect the driveshaft. That may involve dropping the exhaust a bit. I would think I would be easier on a lift. I'm just waiting a week and will have them check when I get my TSB done; they have to disconnect the driveshaft anyways.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My drive shaft and components were fine. My thud may have been connected with the transfer case noise, which was resolved with the TSB For the shudder.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Bet thats a releif :)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^oh yeah^^
Fingers crossed it stays "gone!"
That shudder was a year putting up with-I forgot what quiet was supposed to be like!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
WOW. A year. No way could I have lasted that long.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For a while it was off and on. But for the last 3 months it was everyday!

·
Registered
199 Posts
And you had that repaired under a TSB? Which means warranty?
You're the luckiest ruptured spleen I know!!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha! No not under warranty. Out of pocket. It wasn't a "recall" item.

Reactions: peter2772000
1 - 17 of 17 Posts