Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m new to this forum and I’m seeking help in diagnosing an issue with my AWD 300. Upon deceleration I experience a clunk and slamming noise and feeing in the car. I can’t tell where it’s coming from but if I had to guess it feels like ujoints , transfer case or differential possible related. Has anyone had this issue before? It almost feels like the driveline can’t slow down at the same speed as the transmission and engine. It feels like the car is slowing down too fast for the driveline to meet the speed and it slams because it’s being forced to slow down faster than the transfer case or differential can handle. Does anyone have any possible ideas what could be causing this. I’m so sick of Chrysler techs telling me it’s normal, NO CAR should behave like this in any normal operating capacity or they would never sell any cars. Please help if you know hat it may be. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I’m new to this forum and I’m seeking help in diagnosing an issue with my AWD 300. Upon deceleration I experience a clunk and slamming noise and feeing in the car. I can’t tell where it’s coming from but if I had to guess it feels like ujoints , transfer case or differential possible related. Has anyone had this issue before? It almost feels like the driveline can’t slow down at the same speed as the transmission and engine. It feels like the car is slowing down too fast for the driveline to meet the speed and it slams because it’s being forced to slow down faster than the transfer case or differential can handle. Does anyone have any possible ideas what could be causing this. I’m so sick of Chrysler techs telling me it’s normal, NO CAR should behave like this in any normal operating capacity or they would never sell any cars. Please help if you know hat it may be. Thanks in advance
I’ve had the same issue with my car since I’ve bought it, FOLLOWING!

·
Registered
239 Posts
There's no way to give you an answer, someone has to look. But I can give you a clue. These cars(LX platform) are notorious for the carrier bearing going out. The carrier bearing supports the rear driveshaft and would cause the symptoms you describe. Get under there and shake, pull, and twist your drivelines to see what's loose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still working on it but my wife's car has same issues and after going down some rabbit hole I believe its all caused by the sensors and or speed ring on the rear axel ...the computer uses the info from them for EVERYTHING literally i had 20 ++ codes and I mean from every part of the car that all are caused by this . So if a sensor is bad or one of the speed rings break or rust off or even the grooves fill in with brake dust and grime it can give implausible speed codes that throw off everything in the computer as those reading are used to calibrate almost everything .... shifting and play when feathering on and off the gas hard shifts into and out of gear ....also check the center support of drive shaft and the rubber drive shaft coupler( 2 if awd ) it could be more serious issues but id check some of these things first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.