Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Chrysler 300 (3.6 V6) check engine light is on and was throwing a code 520 Oil Pressure Sensor late last week. Car needed an oil change, pretty dirty (full synthetic – 6K miles). Light went out before I changed the oil. Mileage is 122K.

Changed oil yesterday, and soon after I picked it up the check engine light came back on and stayed on. Had it read again today at Advance Auto and same code.

Two questions, would a cleaner like Lucas Complete Engine Treatment (6 oz per quart of oil) have a chance to remove any debris from the sensor? Or do I have to change the sensor, which from the YouTube video sounds like a MAJOR task.

Side note: message center has a digital oil pressure. 37 psi @ 900rpm; 55 psi @ 1500 rpm and when accelerating – 76 psi @ 2000 rpm. Once up to speed rpm settles at around 45 psi.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for info on my 2014 300 with the 3.6L. 2nd owner and it has 119k but looks like they took above and beyond care with top notch parts, like I do. I have been experiencing rough shifting, but not so much to cause immediate concern, for some time. Now it's a little worse and oil pressure jumps way high (75-80) on acceleration and settles only slightly (60-70) at speed. Also seems like the oil is taking an abnormally long time to get to temp on startup.. The shifting issue is really a delayed response causing the rough feel. Just getting started looking into it. Any help appreciated as I'm not sure where I'm going to start. As for OP, I'll be sure to give update when I get it acting right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts