Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the coin holders in the center console don't really seem to fit the size of standard coins very well? They fit, but are considerably loose when in, and it's easy to pop several out when trying to grab a single coin. Just an odd observation and wondered if anyone else noticed. :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Haven't had a problem with them yet, I kinda like that they added a slot for dollar coins. =)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use it all the time, sometimes I dont have time to wash the car myself so I find a brushless car wash and use that change.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I just use that area where I guess the ashtray would be,,very convienent

·
Registered
538 Posts
Jamesw said:
I use it all the time, sometimes I dont have time to wash the car myself so I find a brushless car wash and use that change.
I just purchase the carwash (and save a buck) when I fill 'er up. Which, as we all know is every week, or more.

JFF:D

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
MrHappy said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the coin holders in the center console don't really seem to fit the size of standard coins very well? They fit, but are considerably loose when in, and it's easy to pop several out when trying to grab a single coin. Just an odd observation and wondered if anyone else noticed. :confused:
Kind of a Loonie design - but then, I'm just a Canuck. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I never use the coin holders in any of the cars I've owned. The coins always wind up rattling around and I hate rattles, squeaks, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Love my coin holder

Nothing wrong with my coin holder. I use it all the time. Wish there was a slot for pennies (for taxes).

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I've skipped the first one but the quarters and dimes are bit loose and as mentioned above, I hate rattles!?!?!!!! Ah well, as long as I can get my rear squeek (trunk lid area) fixed and the pitted wheels issue taken care of, it's all good!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I did not know there was a coin holder, I use the ash tray. Late 70s Honda was the best, a simlpe fold down door at the lower left dash, I hate having to lift an arm rest to get to coins, kind of like the 92 Buick with the trunk release button in the glove box, talk about inconvienient.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Bobs05RT said:
I never use the coin holders in any of the cars I've owned. The coins always wind up rattling around and I hate rattles, squeaks, etc.
There is an easy solution I have used (in vehicles that have holders big enough)...rather than a whole stack of loose coins, go to your bank and get some coin wrappers of various sizes. Then keep the wrapped coins in the holders until you need them...the wrappers need not be completely full either...this just keeps them in place and deadens rattling.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my problem isn't that I need coins, I just throw them in there after any transaction in my daily purchases so they don't rattle in the pocket all day.
Then I'm not mindful enough to take them to the coin thing each night in the house. Now my coins runneth over. They really don't go in those coin holders very well, unless you put them in one at a time. So, now the whiole bottom of the huge arm rest storage is covered in coins. i guess I need my own little piggy bank type thing in there that i can carry in from time to time and empty.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
myrtle300c said:
my problem isn't that I need coins, I just throw them in there after any transaction in my daily purchases so they don't rattle in the pocket all day.
Then I'm not mindful enough to take them to the coin thing each night in the house. Now my coins runneth over. They really don't go in those coin holders very well, unless you put them in one at a time. So, now the whiole bottom of the huge arm rest storage is covered in coins. i guess I need my own little piggy bank type thing in there that i can carry in from time to time and empty.
You could always get one of those low profile travel mugs for the front of the arm rest and toss coins directly in there everytime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
One of those wide bottom, narrow rim plastic jobs????good thinking, I've actually got one just sitting in the cabinet. Would still allow easy access to the coins if I needed one as well.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
myrtle300c said:
One of those wide bottom, narrow rim plastic jobs????good thinking, I've actually got one just sitting in the cabinet. Would still allow easy access to the coins if I needed one as well.
Yeah, one of those...I think the ceramic ones would get loud with coins rattling in it.

Good luck and hope this helped! :D

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
myrtle300c said:
I got a pretty cool neoprene pocket made specifically for "stuff" in your car. It has a small hook on one side that lays perfectly over the cord cutout towards the back of the console and a hard frame at the top that keeps it open. I use it to store my phone & camera travel chargers but it would be perfect for tossing coins into and easy to empty... quiet because of the neoprene plus the pocket doesn't reach all the way to the floor of the console so it can't rattle, slide or interfere with larger items below. I found it at Target last summer in the auto dept. for a couple $$. I don't remember who makes it, but can check later or take a pic - if anyone needs more info lemme know...

·
Registered
18 Posts
console query

I have used the coin holder and it holds the coins too loosely. I have also clipped the pen and tire pressure gauge to the inside console cover. Anyone know what the middle of the inside cover is supposed to hold? A wallet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts