Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I guess I shouldn't call myself a non-performance person anymore because I do have a 5.7Hemi which screams performance. :)

Anyways, I do have an Airaid in my wifes PT Cruiser, but her car isn't as complicated. With the 300C's Evic systems and high pefformance OEM engine, should a person like myself who isn't out to race or increase performance for any purpose consider an upgraded cold air intake?

My concern is it may mess with the Evic system since it's OEM tuned. That aside, do cold air intakes help a car (make it better), like making it breath better? Is an Airaid, or even at a minimum a K&N drop-in filter an improvement worth investing in for the cars sake and not necessarily for performance increasing measurements?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Get the K&N drop in. Unless you just want to hear the sound of the CAI.The increase in power is minimal with just the intake. If you plan on doing some mods then get the intake and exhausts and a predator!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I did notice a slight improvement in MPG with the CAI (increase of about 2-3 MPG).

·
Registered
84 Posts
What if I told you all that I am working on producing an actual RAM air for the 300. It would be a plastic or metal tube that would hook into the existing air box, from the bottom, and tunnel down to the vent holes next to the fog lamps. It would attach securely to the mounts used for the vent covers now. This would create an actual ram air, that would help boost power. I think this would definetly add horsepower by forcing the induction w/ cool outside air. If the air pressure is enough to push in fender walls, guess how much air pressure would be forced into the intake.

Would any of you be interested in this?
Do you think there would be demand for this product?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Airhammer intake. best one on the market for the LX. PM Rev. Hammer on LXForums.com for one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Airhammer intake. best one on the market for the LX. PM Rev. Hammer on LXForums.com for one.
The more I study CAI's, the more the Airhammer seems to rise to the top of the heap.

My one question is - is installing the Airhammer plug and play, meaning do you need to make any modifications to the 5.7hemi in order for it to fit, or does it just fit right in?

If I decide to go simple, that being a K&N drop-in, I know it will probably do barely nothing for increased HP, but is a drop-in at least better than the paper stuff? I had one in my Town Car and always cleaned it on schedule.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've heard, generic CAIs are just as good as the high dollar ones, as long as it has a lot of surface area on the filter. Am I missing something? I hope not, because I just bought one off ebay that my buddy said was pretty nice...:pat:

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
say no to K&N

guys considering any Oiled type filters need to know that oil analysis proves these let too much dirt through.

Get a dry paper element no matter what type of intake you decide on. The Air Hammer and the AFEII are almost the same improvement.

And they add a lot of noise. Some like it, some don't need it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys considering any Oiled type filters need to know that oil analysis proves these let too much dirt through.

Get a dry paper element no matter what type of intake you decide on. The Air Hammer and the AFEII are almost the same improvement.

And they add a lot of noise. Some like it, some don't need it.
Are you saying the Airhammer and AFEII are not cleaned with oil?

·
Registered
345 Posts
What if I told you all that I am working on producing an actual RAM air for the 300. It would be a plastic or metal tube that would hook into the existing air box, from the bottom, and tunnel down to the vent holes next to the fog lamps. It would attach securely to the mounts used for the vent covers now. This would create an actual ram air, that would help boost power. I think this would definetly add horsepower by forcing the induction w/ cool outside air. If the air pressure is enough to push in fender walls, guess how much air pressure would be forced into the intake.

Would any of you be interested in this?
Do you think there would be demand for this product?
Maxgas1 I would be interested. Turn on yourr pm's and pm me with info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just installed the new Airaid---monster conical filter. I am also using the Predator 91 octane CAI program. Wow!! nice improvement!!! WOT noice is instantly gratifying. However, after reading some earlier posts I am a little concerned that the Airaid (oil type filter) may cause me some problems down the line due to the filter being a bit more porous than a dry filter. I have 20K on my 300C and when I cleaned the throttle plate I was quite impressed that it rermained fairly clean. Will the oil in the filter do any future damage and or let in more "crud" and cause additional problems????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts