Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cold Weather Package came with my 300C and guess what, it's cold here in New England. So have been plugging in at night, which should benefit the engine over time. Actually my fully loaded C has been a bargain as I have used all the features extensivily, except the smokers group. Who would have thunk it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I too have the CWP. On the way home from work I thought I should plug it in tonight when I get home. Of course I forgot and I'm too warm & comfy to go out and do it now. What exactly does it heat anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Heats up Engine

coolvanilla said:
I too have the CWP. On the way home from work I thought I should plug it in tonight when I get home. Of course I forgot and I'm too warm & comfy to go out and do it now. What exactly does it heat anyway?
The CWP is the engine block heater. With that said it warms up your engine! I don't blame you for staying in and keeping warm :) . Take care :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I just braved the zero degree temps to inspect my CWP. Where does the power cord leave the engine compartment to connect to an extension cord? All I could see is drop it straight down and crawl under the car to connect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Cold Weather package

My power cord lays on the drivers side of the engine and tucks behind the black box there. I just route it out under the hood on top of the grill, it doesn't interfer with closing the hood. My experience with CWP is that you get the engine nice and warm first then plug it in. It is just a chunck of metal, attached to the engine block, with a cal rod inside and it gets warm. Nothing sophisticated here, old time technology, I would think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
My power cord lays on the drivers side of the engine and tucks behind the black box there. I just route it out under the hood on top of the grill, it doesn't interfer with closing the hood. My experience with CWP is that you get the engine nice and warm first then plug it in. It is just a chunck of metal, attached to the engine block, with a cal rod inside and it gets warm. Nothing sophisticated here, old time technology, I would think.
I can't bring myself to slam the hood shut with a power cord hanging out. Sounds a little risky! There has to be a better way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
coolvanilla said:
I can't bring myself to slam the hood shut with a power cord hanging out. Sounds a little risky! There has to be a better way.
There is, just fish it out on side of drivers headlight and it just sits there and does not interfere with hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Do you mean fish it on the drivers side headlight through the hood, on the side fender, by the windshield, or dropped directly to the ground?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
coolvanilla said:
Do you mean fish it on the drivers side headlight through the hood, on the side fender, by the windshield, or dropped directly to the ground?
Thanks!
OK, maybe I wasn't clear enough and I'm sorry for that. All you have to do is open the hood pull out the cord which will be above the headlight but to the left of it as you are facing the car, this is on the drivers side on my car. There is a bit of a trough at this point. The hood will not come in contact with the cord as you can push it back and forth without it binding on anything. The cord will now dangle (About 3-4 inches) to the left of the center grill and to right of the headlight. When the weather is warmer and you don't need it then put it back under the hood. I hope I am clear on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Thanks Mikeyjohn - I think I got it now. I just realized that from my avatar you can't tell I'm a blonde :confused:

jjs
I prefer your solution to the engine block heater :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
coolvanilla said:
jjs
I prefer your solution to the engine block heater :)
Did that myself over 15 years ago and have not regretted it...first 25 years of life stuck in Cleveland (east side...you Great Lakers know what I mean by 'just starting the snow belt'). Couple years in FL, now in TX... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
OK - One last question if I may. I just plugged in. How do I know if it is on/working? Is there somewhere I should be able to touch and feel heat?
Thanks
CV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
coolvanilla said:
OK - One last question if I may. I just plugged in. How do I know if it is on/working? Is there somewhere I should be able to touch and feel heat?
Thanks
CV
Car will be easier to start, and your temp will go up dramatically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
jjs said:
Not to be a [email protected]$$, but have you guys/gals given any thought to getting the hell out of there and moving south??

;)
No, I'll stick with my cold and just complain about it. One thing in our favour here in Alberta is we don't have rats, you know the four legged ones? We still have a few of the two-legged ones though!!!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Car will be easier to start, and your temp will go up dramatically.
When I started the car a couple of hours ago after sitting in the parking lot all day in single digit temps the engine temp read 28 degrees. Was up to 210 by the time I got home (30 mins).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
coolvanilla said:
When I started the car a couple of hours ago after sitting in the parking lot all day in single digit temps the engine temp read 28 degrees. Was up to 210 by the time I got home (30 mins).
After much assistance (thanks Mikeyjohn) I plugged my engine block heater in last night. After 12 hours or more in zero degree temp the engine temp now read 86 degrees (compared to 28). The oil psi is 49 compared to 55 yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
coolvanilla said:
After much assistance (thanks Mikeyjohn) I plugged my engine block heater in last night. After 12 hours or more in zero degree temp the engine temp now read 86 degrees (compared to 28). The oil psi is 49 compared to 55 yesterday.
i notice that since i had the cpu flashed to 3.5 sumpin. i dont see my oil pressure readout anymore.??
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top