·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the color code for my car? its an 05 brilliant black 5.7

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
look on the label on driver side door jamb. I think the black is a PX or AX. number. If you are going to order a base coat paint to match. any good jobber will ask for vin number. If they don't go elsewhere. There are some small differences in mix tgruout a model year,even though it's the same color

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Rambit & yamabob. it's PXR, right? i'm gonna have to get my srt front & rear lips painted. they told me i should send an actual part of the car (gas door) to match the paint. do you think thats a good idea since i don't really want to drive around with out the gas door like that.
normally the color code should be enough for them to match the color, right?

i ordered an OEM mopar srt trunk lip a couple of weeks ago (already painted) and the color matches well, i dont see any difference at all.

what you think?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I would not send any part from car. If you PXN ( I believes there are other's) they should get the VIN to get exact formula that car was originally sprayed with.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
There is more to it than just PXR. That is a base reference code to the color. It's alway's highly recommended to supply VIN. My new jobber won't supply use the paint without it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
regarding the colour codes..

i live in Aus and i have a Mineral Gray 300c. however i couldnt find the colour code for my car on the plate on the passenger side of the car. it had the VIN number, compliance plate date and a couple of other boring things.

anyway, i ordered some madlids from vip300c, and gave the colourcode as PA4 - silver steele metallic, because that looks exactly like my mineral gray car(in the pictures that ive seen.)

but now i read rambits post and the list of colour codes, and that lists a mineral gray as being PDM.

so are they actually different colours? should i email vip300c and change the colour codes? are are they the same colour with just different codes for the USA/Australia?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Supply them with as much info as you can

·
Registered
772 Posts
i gave them my VIN# and the colour code PA4. however i also wrote that i lived in Aus and since i couldnt find the mineral grey code i assumed this was the same thing.

i hope i havent ordered mismatched lids! :(

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
look in the glove box or under the hood for the color. Shoot them an e-mail with what you just said. That VIN alone is a key

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
[email protected] Mineral Gray (at least here in the States) was a color last used on the 2004 300. It's prefix is DM/CDM. Look for that

·
Registered
24 Posts
PXR shouldnt really require a VIN...VIN numbers give you alternates to colors using the vindicator is what its called for us....also the 11th digit in the VIN which is usually a letter is also an alternate code. We mix with dupont color match at the dealership where i paint....if you had silver or some other light color then an alternate would need to be looked at, even then color match is not guranteed, hell we have a $4,000 Dupont color camera to shoot colors and that thing isn't close sometimes....BTW i have a PXR 300...u'll be fine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts