Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post though I have been lurking these forums for months. I was messing around in my 300c today and I got to a Compass Calibration menu on the EVIC. It can be accessed by holding down the compass (the n with the circle) down for about 5 seconds. The menu only has two things, Compass Calibration and another (I don't remember it right now, I think it was something like compass variation). I chose to calibrate the compass figuring it couldn't be a bad thing but it was. Now the compass in my EVIC seems to be off by about 45 degrees (showing NE instead of N for example). Does anyone know how to correct the EVIC compass and know exactly what these two menus do?

Thanks for the help, I've learned so much from these boards so far.

Jason

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tax Man said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post though I have been lurking these forums for months. I was messing around in my 300c today and I got to a Compass Calibration menu on the EVIC. It can be accessed by holding down the compass (the n with the circle) down for about 5 seconds. The menu only has two things, Compass Calibration and another (I don't remember it right now, I think it was something like compass variation). I chose to calibrate the compass figuring it couldn't be a bad thing but it was. Now the compass in my EVIC seems to be off by about 45 degrees (showing NE instead of N for example). Does anyone know how to correct the EVIC compass and know exactly what these two menus do?

Thanks for the help, I've learned so much from these boards so far.

Jason
Your owner's manual give very specific instructions on how to recalibrate. It involves driving the car around in circles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.