Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crew,

This is just a heads up. Maybe it will help you in the future.

I got 300C that pulls right. Bummer right? So at 1,000 miles i took it to my dealer and asked them to do an alignment. He said no charge for first 12,000 miles as it is an "adjustment".

When I went to pick it up I asked if it was out of alignment and he said yes. I asked why and here is his para-phrased response:

"Well, and if you tell anyone I said this I will deny it, when Chysler/Dodge shipped the LX bodies which are the 300's, Magnums and now Chargers, the factory specs they used to build the car caused it to pull right. Rather than changing it they authorized the dealerships to make the modification (I call it fix) to the front end"

Wow... I bet you in a couple years we see a class action suit from people that have been going through tires and alignments like crazy.

Just thought I would share this as it seems that ALL of 300s have right pull (and that not-so-accurate temp gauge). The car still rocks and people everywhere still piss themselves when I pull up.

:fing26: <---For Chrysler's Engineering Team! :AR15firin CHRYSLER

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Not to say it's old news but yea we heard this. I was Testdriving a Magnum and it had the right pull. I told the salesman about it and he tells me that there not going to fix it.They won't fix it till someone buys it and complains about it. How dumb is that fix it now it was very noticible it might hinder the sale of it. I know i didnt want it.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
DrumGuy said:
....... seems that ALL of 300s have right pull ........The car still rocks and people everywhere still piss themselves when I pull up.
Well, not ALL! 'DESIREE' did have an alignment problem (improper toe-in) that feathered the outer edges of the front tires, but has never exhibited the right pull problem, or the inaccurate temperature problem either. Other problems for sure, but not those two.
As for rockin' and pissin', you couldn't have said it more succinctly!

·
Registered
252 Posts
no problems here on my C build date 8/04. i didnt have any problems on my base 300 that i had that was a 06/04 build date.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Question.. Is this just a front end allignment issue? Or something deeper then that? Reason I ask is I have aftermarket wheels and you know they are going to blame it on that if it's just an allignment. And if that's all it is that's fine I just have my boy who put the rims on hook it up for me.

I just want to make sure that's all...

Thanks all! :wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
re:

So what did they do that the service manager is so secretly hiding?

I have a slight pull to the right on my C too and never really bothered to take it in for service... but if it's some part that needs to be replaced (rather than just readjusting the suspension geometry)... I would like to know.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
19 Posts
they replaced some parts on my c and running straight as can be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wish i could, sevice manager told be some minor parts were causing the problem, i believe there is a thread somewhere in this forum. took three days to fix, had to order parts i think. wish i could be more helpfull

·
Registered
336 Posts
I never had the right pull,(built 4/20/04) but my tires sure did wear out fast. Also it was out of toe alignment on both front wheels when I changed the tires. I am thankful that the car doesn't pull right after the alignment. I wouldn't put it past Chrysler to put improper specs on the alignment just to keep it from pulling right. Oh well, we shall see.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The "leads right" problem appeared on some early build 05's and was fixed with a long bolt retrofit and realignment by a COMPETENT shop. You'd think the 06's wouldn't have had that problem - or did some wiseguy on the line find a cache of old bolts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same here on my "C" ZERO problems with the car itself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My car was built June, 05 and is an 06 model. Straight as an arrow after about 3.5 weeks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts