Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious what grilles other than OEM and Mopar's loose mesh grille would work with the ACC system?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
931 Posts
as far as i know, you cant get a 300 without the accesory system. therefore, any grill that is marketed for a 300 will fit.

but since this is more than fairly obvious. i assume you meant something else. so you might want to elaborate on what exactly you think "ACC" means. because when reffering to vehicles, the abbreviation ACC, means accesory.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
as far as i know, you cant get a 300 without the accesory system. therefore, any grill that is marketed for a 300 will fit.

but since this is more than fairly obvious. i assume you meant something else. so you might want to elaborate on what exactly you think "ACC" means. because when reffering to vehicles, the abbreviation ACC, means accesory.
Hi. The term ACC in the 2008 Chryslers and Dodges is the Adaptive Cruise Control. The sensor behind the grill has to be able to "see" through the grill area to see the cars in front of the vehicle. To my knowledge the only grill that is supposedly OK for use with a 2008 and ACC is one of the Grip grilles. Shoeboy23 has one on his 2008 with ACC and claims it works OK. I want one but have not found anyone locally that has the grill and can install it for me in So. CA. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob, Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sorry, I should've explained myself a little more clearer when I made this post.

So what are you going to do Bob, Just get the Grip grille then? if you can find someone to install?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hi. The term ACC in the 2008 Chryslers and Dodges is the Adaptive Cruise Control. The sensor behind the grill has to be able to "see" through the grill area to see the cars in front of the vehicle. To my knowledge the only grill that is supposedly OK for use with a 2008 and ACC is one of the Grip grilles. Shoeboy23 has one on his 2008 with ACC and claims it works OK. I want one but have not found anyone locally that has the grill and can install it for me in So. CA. Regards, Bob.
Hey Bob! If you ever plan a trip to the Chicago area in the future, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help you get that grille on your car. They're really a snap to do once you've done one. No more than a 1 hour job from start to finish, especially if you take the easier route of dropping your facia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts