Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I just wanted to swing by and say congrats on getting taking delivery of your new SRT-8's. As a Cadillac CTS-V owner, it's great to have another American choice for a luxury sport sedan. My neighbor has a 300C, and it is very nice. I look forward to seeing an SRT-8 on the road :sneaky:

We definately have a lot in common, the brembo's, F1's, big honking V8's.

Hopefully in the futrure, Chrysler will see fit to plop a tremec t56, a la the viper into the SRT-8. I'm also hopeing Caddy will offer a future auto-tranny, thus expanding the audiance for both of these excellent brands.

Here's to few gremlins for you, and to seeing you at a stop light soon :)

I can't wait to hear what you think of the F1's, we seem to be having a low lifespan on ours (some less than 5k mi.)

Have Fun,

Chris

P.S. feel free to stop by the Caddy fCTS-V forums, to chat or talk a little crap if you see fit. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98 . We even started a trhead about the SRT-8's hitting the steets: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34595

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same here...

Cheers, y'all... A cross-post from the V forum follows.

-- Jerry

-------------------------------------------

As far as matchup between our CTS-V & the SRT-8, I can't wait. It's like playing racquetball: you get the best workout when playing against somebody who's fundamentally your equal in talent and fitness.

I'm thinking of dropping hints to the wife that we trade in her Camry on an SRT-8. When I first started looking for my new car (which turned out to be the V), I was looking at the 300C. She liked them, which means she'd like the SRT-8. Talk about win-win for me:

Wife: "Which car are we driving up to Ventura for Easter?"

Me: "My V."

Wife: "I'd rather we take my Chrysler..."

Me: "No problem!" :D

"Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems."
"Homer no function beer well without."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW,

Is there a pool on here for when the first MOD post hits?

SRT-8 with a magnacharger sounds interesting :)

-Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
urbanski said:
Sorry you guys got those F1 EMTs :(
I killed mine in 4700 miles....

and I certainly hope you all strive to do the same :)

see ya on the road sometime!
Nah, you had plenty of tread. You can still distinguish the sipes. It's the screw that did you in. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
SmittyInVA said:
Nah, you had plenty of tread. You can still distinguish the sipes. It's the screw that did you in. :D
Re: SRT-8s Hitting the street

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Face it, if a pro could only edge out the SRT-8 by a tenth, you better have your s%@t together if you intend to beat one. The two cars are pretty evenly matched as I recall from the article. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
SmittyInVA said:
Sure, at the edges...the centers are at the bars, and the rear tires on the V tend to wear like that :)
They are up front now, and I have push like a mother now :(

Discount Tire fixed the screws, but I have 2 more in another F1.
I just ordered Toyo T1-S proxes all 4 corners :D

Come visit us at the V forum you all!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Face it, if a pro could only edge out the SRT-8 by a tenth, you better have your s%@t together if you intend to beat one. The two cars are pretty evenly matched as I recall from the article.
The pros turned a 13.0 with our car. GM's 13.1 is an average. Just goes to show you that Magazine writers are not race car drivers. :D Also, The V beat it pretty handily in all categories, a tenth here, 10ft braking here, etc all are huge factors in competition.

I really like the SRT8, the only thing that will keep me from buying it is the 10mpg you guys will be getting. My wife is getting 21.1mpg w/ her V.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D LOL! It looks like the Cadillac CTS-V forum in here!

Enjoy your SRT-8's!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Vrocks said:
:D LOL! It looks like the Cadillac CTS-V forum in here!

Enjoy your SRT-8's!
it is kinda cool..going back and forth between the boards. Just imagine the "inter-board" activity once we start running into each other on the street.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Can't wait to see the SRT-8's! Great cars guys, let the games begin! :D

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Welcome, trukk, and all the caddy folks.

It truly is great to see the revival of the American (Canadian) V8 RWD luxury muscle cars.

All car nuts and gearheads welcome here - regardless of your ride! :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Stopping the Japanese Juggernaut

Drove both when I went "a car-buying" (that and a XJR - Ford's best car).
CTS-V was simply a barn-burner, loved it (esp that G-meter).
Jag was also incredible (esp for a 4.4L).
300C had the auto, 120 inch wheelbase and great price.
Great dayz, simply the best of times.
Best wishes to our "V" breathren (but not at the stoplight :D )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Welcome, trukk, and all the caddy folks.

It truly is great to see the revival of the American (Canadian) V8 RWD luxury muscle cars.

All car nuts and gearheads welcome here - regardless of your ride! :D
indeed....here's to 400+ HP RWD American muscle sedans, and the folks who drive them! :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Dark Knight said:
Here's to two great American cars! :) Now let's see if Lincoln can follow up with a super sedan of their own.
I had high hopes that the Jaguar/Ford marriage would produce some amazing babies

Zilla

·
Registered
36 Posts
trukk said:
BTW,

Is there a pool on here for when the first MOD post hits?

SRT-8 with a magnacharger sounds interesting :)

-Chris
I hope I have a chance meet all the guys on this board and surprise 'em before THEY get forced induction...

-- Jerry

·
Registered
679 Posts
whoa...

lawfive said:
I hope I have a chance meet all the guys on this board and surprise 'em before THEY get forced induction...

-- Jerry
whatsthat, about 550 ponie? that things probably but a blur.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts