Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions before I make my decision, if you guys could answer them that would help my process along greatly.

1. Are Day time running lights standard now, or do you need to have the dealer "turn them on for you"?

2. Am I correct when I see that Anti-Lock Brakes are NOT standard on the base LX model (And you have to add it as a safety option??) This is quite frankly a little ridiculous.

3. Does Chrysler have the $2000/ 0% APR incentive every few months? What did you purchase your 300 at (with incentives or without)

4. Is there any point in buying a 2008 model (besides the warranty) or waiting for the minor refresh in 2009 and major refresh in 2010/2011?

5. Why doesn't this vehicle on turn signal lights on the side mirrors? Almost all luxury/near luxury vehicles in this day and age have them.

6. Is it worth the trouble of buying a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge as I've heard horror stories with their customer service and management?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
605 Posts
1. I don't think that they are standard. I own a C and they are not on mine

2. Well quite frankly a base model is a base model, you get what you pay for.

3. I don't know about every few months but I bought mine last April and they had all remaining 06's with 0% interest and 0% financing so that could very well be right around the corner again.

4. Well you could wait and get the major refresh but I don't know about just waiting for the 09's. Not sure exactly how the 2010 are going to look like yet so it's a roll of the dice.

5. The Heritage edition has the turn signals on it and maybe even the 08 C's as well but not sure about that. They have after market ones that look pretty good.

6. You gotta understand that you can have trouble with any big company, especially a car manufacturer. I don't know all the horror stories but if you look more closely at this forum you aren't gonna find that many horror stories. Most of the people on here are here for a reason and that's because they love their care and evidentially haven't had any major problems with Chrysler as a Car company. So this is for you to decide or should I say believe that you could be a horror story. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's my version of the answers...

1. DRLs are not standard in the US, they are standard in Canada, and I like it that way. (I'm a control freak)

2. Correct, ABS is not standard on the base LX model.

3. Incentives will always come and go, "car buying holidays", gets better as August gets nearer, etc. I got mine with $4,500 cash back which includes owner loyalty program.

4. Subjective, do you need a car now? You can always wait but there's always new features and new cars coming. Chrysler will always add things mid cycle. If it were me and I wasn't in a hurry, the one reason I'd wait for 2009 is the hybrid Hemi.

5. Yes it does, my 08 300C has turn signals and a puddle lamp in the side mirrors. It is an option.

6. You won't hear those stories from me, I'm a satisfied customer. This is my second 300C.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Mouse,

Do they call the led's in the underside of the mirror "puddle lamps"? I was under the impression the lights on the underside of my doors were the puddle lamps.

I couldn't get 0.0% financing on my 07 C but i did get 10K off the sticker :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mouse,

Do they call the led's in the underside of the mirror "puddle lamps"? I was under the impression the lights on the underside of my doors were the puddle lamps.

I couldn't get 0.0% financing on my 07 C but i did get 10K off the sticker :)
There's 3 amber LEDs which are the supplementary turn signals and 1 white LED which is called the "Courtesy Lamps". They are not actually on the underside of the mirror but in the mirror itself. It lights up the door handle and the area near the door.

They allow vehicles that are in your blind-spot to see your turn signal and works quite well to draw my glance to the mirrors when I use my signals.

You are correct, the puddle lamps are on the underside of the doors which I believe is standard in most models.

I still laugh at the way Chrysler names the mirrors:

Standard is Power Multi-Function Fold-Away Mirrors.
Option is Multi-Function Fold-Away Power Mirrors.
:pat:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
If you want a base model, grab the great american package, it adds a lot of things (including 17" alloys, side airbags, and silver center stack trim), along with ABS, ESP, and whatnot.

I hear what you're saying about the LEDs on the mirrors, but I think they might've wanted to keep the mirror caps simple and clean looking (I hope so!) - most of those stupid LED strips introduce wind noise and look tacky IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting... thanks all for the responses.

I would love to save $10k off sticker, is that possible for a regular person without an insider sort of discount? I would be happy with $4-$5k incentive. Even better with 0% Financing, and I would never pay a dime over invoice on a new car. I suppose I got the answer I wanted, which is to wait for the mid year refresh and hopefully better than the current President's day sale incentives.

It's also interesting to see the 300C has the option for mirror turn signals. If the incentives go up, I will really have to look into that option. But as it goes right now, I'm looking at Base LX with Great American Touring package.
I want to pick one up at $22k after tax and titles, it would certainly seal the deal for me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
On my second 300 and my advice would be that if you find one that your really like buy it. My experience has been very positive with the ride, handling and satisfaction with this car. So I strongly recommend that you consider looking for what you desire in a 300 and if you find it, buy it and don't worry about model changes. You won't be disapponted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a 300C which I ordered from the factory and expect delivery any day now. The MSRP is $44,160 not including sales tax and a few hundred more of dealer paperwork and registration add-ons. After negotiations and the $3,000 Chrysler rebate the final number is $39,050 before tax and dealer paperwork add-ons. I have attached a "Build you own" sheet form the Chrysler web site that shows how my AWD (great for us up hear in New England) is configured (the options: My gig info with navigation & Sound group II, Luxury group II and Protection group II, Adapted cruise control, Moon roof, HID lights) overide the standard features listed. The side mirror signals, you will notice is part of the Luxury II group. In the end, you get what you pay for. If you are scrimping on a few hundred here and there you will probably be kicking yourself in the behind later on if the scrimping causes you to forego what you really want. A $22k 2008 or 2009 may be possible but do you really want such a minimalist (and probably underpowered) 300? Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a 300C which I ordered from the factory and expect delivery any day now. The MSRP is $44,160 not including sales tax and a few hundred more of dealer paperwork and registration add-ons. After negotiations and the $3,000 Chrysler rebate the final number is $39,050 before tax and dealer paperwork add-ons. I have attached a "Build you own" sheet form the Chrysler web site that shows how my AWD (great for us up hear in New England) is configured (the options: My gig info with navigation & Sound group II, Luxury group II and Protection group II, Adapted cruise control, Moon roof, HID lights) overide the standard features listed. The side mirror signals, you will notice is part of the Luxury II group. In the end, you get what you pay for. If you are scrimping on a few hundred here and there you will probably be kicking yourself in the behind later on if the scrimping causes you to forego what you really want. A $22k 2008 or 2009 may be possible but do you really want such a minimalist (and probably underpowered) 300? Mike
I definitely don't want to spend more than $22-23k. I'm not too concerned about power to be honest. If I was, I would buy a Mustang or something. For $30k+ I would have to say my choice in vehicle, if I stayed American, would be a Cadillac CTS, or import would probably be a 2009 Audi A4. For $40k there would be even more options.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
lol, at least get a touring or limited, I can see you trying the 2.7L and the sluggishness + really cheap low end interior turning you off (this happens to soooo many people who try by driving the rental!)

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I would at the very minimum, make sure to get the 3.5L V6. The 2.7 Liter is a troublesome engine that wasn't powerful enough for my last car (3000lbs) so it's certainly NOT powerful enough for a 4100lb car. And to make matters worse they actually dropped the HP on the 2.7L for 08 -10HP (probably to try and save them from blowing up).

Trust me... DO NOT buy a 2.7L 300... Do a google search for "2.7 Liter DOHC" and see what comes up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in the same boat as you, but I am considering purchasing the Signature Series. IMO it makes the most sense because it already comes with everything.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The Sig series has most of the important stuff (leather, side airbags, even mygig!)

But the one thing that isn't even an option is the evic system. I don't think so, anyway.

In the end, two things that kept me from the V6s (and chargers/magnums for that matter) were the lack of a power steering column, and the lack of the availability of rear sensors (nice to have!) Or memory seats, either!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts