Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm an old member from the Charger Forums that's seriously considering selling my 09 RT and purchasing a 2016-2019 300C V8 or Limited V6.

- How does the ride of the C differ from the Limited? I'd like to stick to similar road feel of the Charger, which isn't soft but I don't feel every crack in the road either.

- How much better is the 2019 version of U connect vs the 2016? (I have an iphone)

- My Charger has the 6 Speaker Boston Acoustic speaker system, and it sounds remarkable for an OEM system. I'm a sound mixer and I'm going to want something that sounds just as good. Which sound package option should I be on the lookout for?

I've taken really great care of the Charger and people say it still looks new. It's also been very well maintained under the hood. Just under 91K miles so I'm not sure what I'll be able to get for it.

Thanks for any advice.

(I had to edit this post, I had originally typed S model not C. The only reason I'd be interested in the Limited V6 is because a dealer near me has a new 2016 in stock )

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well, right off the bat the 2016 will not have Apple CarPlay if that is important to you. I love it in my 2017, which is the first year for it. I signed up for Apple Music (yes old dogs do learn new tricks) and enjoy streaming in the car without having to deal with downloading and transfering to USB. I also prefer Waze over Google Maps and Apple Maps. (The built in nav system is regrettable and I never use it...loved the FCA/Garmin nav in my old 2013 C).

I got a base 2017 C which is like the newer Limiteds for 2018/19. I did not want the 20” wheels due to the ride penalty. I am also older, 60-ish, and really appreciate a smooth compliant ride. There have been a few times I “wish I had a V8”, but realistically I don’t need it and the V6 with 8-speed tranny is plenty of punch for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(The built in nav system is regrettable and I never use it...loved the FCA/Garmin nav in my old 2013 C).
Good to know. I was including Nav in my searches hoping it was a good system. I do like Waze and Google Maps myself, as well as Carplay, so I guess I narrow my search to 2017 or newer.

I appreciate the good info.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you look at 2017 and want the 18” wheels and lots of nice stuff, the C is good. For 2018/2019, the C comes standard with V8 and 20” wheels, so you might want to start with the Limited. Check out Edmunds.com or CarGurus.com, select the Research menu/pages to check out the equipment and features for each trim level to help with your decisions and target vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you look at 2017 and want the 18” wheels and lots of nice stuff, the C is good. For 2018/2019, the C comes standard with V8 and 20” wheels, so you might want to start with the Limited. Check out Edmunds.com or CarGurus.com, select the Research menu/pages to check out the equipment and features for each trim level to help with your decisions and target vehicle.

I’m actually at the dealership waiting to sign docs on a 2017C Platinum. It’s fully loaded and has 20” wheels but only 14k miles and V8. Really great price too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats! Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loving the 300C! Definitely has more pep than the 09 Charger RT. I was worried about the 20 inch wheels and how it would ride, but it actually rides really well. The leather seats are a step up from what I had before as well. I haven't had a lot of time to drive it yet. At first I was put off by the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon system until I plugged in my iphone and the system really came alive with more punch and definition and a much better sound stage - which is to be expected. It sounds fairly mediocre with FM radio, and only slightly better with Sirius radio. There's just too much bloat in the bottom end, the crossover points and balance between sub and the rest of the speakers needs to be fully reworked in my opinion. The 3 band EQ is virtually useless. Luckily I will mostly be streaming music from my phone. Really looking forward to driving this car for a very long time.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts