Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Claim Form for what appears to be a class action settlement against Continental Tires for premature treadwear.

It's for those of us who had to replace our tires with less than 30,000 miles on them -- all of us I'm sure.

It says settlement payments will be based on $60 per tire for 17" tires and $120 per tire for 18" tires.

If you didn't receive yours, here's the website and phone number listed on the form:

McGee v. Continental Tire North America, Inc.<br> Nationwide Class Action Settlement Website
1-800-430-8741

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Thank you for the valuable information and link. I never get anything sent to me from Chrysler and rarely from the dealership where I made the purchase.

I already downloaded the Claims Form. Wow, up to $120 per tire?? Who would have thought! There just might be some new mods in my future, lol!

I got rid of my OEM 18" Contis before they ever reached 10,000 miles. The wear was horrible and the road noise wasn't much better. Still, some members here raved about their Contis so I suppose they don't need to get in on the class action law suit.

Thanks once again.
bruno

**attached is the Claim Form if you want to first look it over**

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Thank you for the information sled!!! Mine lasted to 15K miles. I have printed my form and will send in. Once again, I appreciate your sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
great info... thanks

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I replaced my wheels after 13.5k, and probably had 2k remaining on the Conti self sealers.

But I bought new rims and tires in a package deal. So I don't have a receipt for just tires. I will be greatly surprised if I ever receive money on my claim.

I find it funny the form asks what size tire 17" or 18" when the tire size has obviously been identified in the previous question.:pat:

Attachments

·
Banned
339 Posts
I just received a Claim Form for what appears to be a class action settlement against Continental Tires for premature treadwear.

It's for those of us who had to replace our tires with less than 30,000 miles on them -- all of us I'm sure.

It says settlement payments will be based on $60 per tire for 17" tires and $120 per tire for 18" tires.

If you didn't receive yours, here's the website and phone number listed on the form:

McGee v. Continental Tire North America, Inc.<br> Nationwide Class Action Settlement Website
1-800-430-8741
Read your letter again you get a percentage of the $120.00 depending on how many mile you drove on the Conti's. Sorry!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Seems like everyone so far is in favor of sending the information in. Guess I might as well join in and send mine in also. It won't be a lot of money maybe we can change the way some of these cars come out with less than adequate tires on a new car.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
when i bought mine it had conti winters on it, dont know what happend to the the original contis. Wonder if ill get covered.

·
Registered
65 Posts
can you get this if you were not the original owner?? I had to replace mine at 25,000 miles but i bought the car used?? it really should not make any difference if you ask me, the tires sucked either way and had to be replace early... i got the GY's and the still look brand new after 20K on them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
can you get this if you were not the original owner??
ya im curious about this too, anyone know? Also are Canadians eligible cause page to get the form to personalize it only has state / zip

The FAQ says "Tires purchased as used tires or that were otherwise not new tires are not Eligible Tires."

so im thinking this is excluding tires on a used car

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got my letter yesterday. I hope we can all get paid soon, that extra cash would be nice, how long does this settlement usually take?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I just got my letter yesterday. I hope we can all get paid soon, that extra cash would be nice, how long does this settlement usually take?
Did you read the actual letter? Or perhaps look at the date in the upper
left hand corner of the form where it states what the last date the form
can be post marked for sending it in?

It says September 2010!!

Thats right, you have over 2 YEARS to send in your claim form!!

So, if thats the case, then the settlement will probably take at least
another year after that to get all the info straightened out, and have
all the lawyers do their thing too.

Your looking at getting your money (if the actual claim is found to be a
legitimate one) sometime around the fall/winter of 2011 if your are lucky!!!

Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
They only cover 25% of the cost if you have 20,000 miles, and a bigger percentage if you have less. IT still sucks when you spend 51,000.00 bucks plus tax and you end up with some hefty costs a year os two later. Chrysler should kick in the difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks everyone for the clarification. I was wondering what the documentation was about. However, we wont be submitting a claim as the 300C we purchased "pre-owned" from our local Chrysler dealer and already included a set of new Goodyears (thrown in to sweeten the deal).Good luck to all in your claims

·
Registered
558 Posts
you have over 2 YEARS to send in your claim form!!

So, if thats the case, then the settlement will probably take at least
another year after that to get all the info straightened out, and have
all the lawyers do their thing too.

Your looking at getting your money sometime around the fall/winter of

I sent out the claim form yesterday. The booklet that came with the form says "the payment of approved claims will occur between 6 and 24 months after the beginning of the claim period, which begins on Sept 15, 2008

The earliest you could possibly see your refund is MARCH 15, 2009.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ya im curious about this too, anyone know? Also are Canadians eligible cause page to get the form to personalize it only has state / zip
I'm curious about whether Canadians qualify as well but based on past experiences with class action lawsuits they usually only apply to the USA. Has anyone from Canada contacted the law firm to find out?

I also just had my 20,000 km service performed last week (about 12,000 miles) and the dealer told me my Conti's need to be replaced really soon. And this is from mainly highway driving so there is something definitely wrong with these tires.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got the form in the mail, but the thing is I just purchaced my 2008 300 with these tires and only have 3000 miles on them. Can I still fill it out and claim since they are going to wear out sooner than later?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts