Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello has anyone ever drained the coolant off this hemi engine I'm having trouble locating the drain plug on the block. Also I have a small drip coming from the belly housing. Looks like dirty coolant? That why I'm trying to flush. PLEASE HELP 馃ズ

Registered
Hello has anyone ever drained the coolant off this hemi engine I'm having trouble locating the drain plug on the block. Also I have a small drip coming from the belly housing. Looks like dirty coolant? That why I'm trying to flush. PLEASE HELP 馃ズ
There's one drain plug on each side of the engine, but one is blocked by the starter. They're tough to get out on a four or five year old Hemi, but on a fifteen year old engine? Forget it.

If you're talking about coolant dripping through the splash shield, there's no way to diagnose that without dropping the splash shield or looking at it from above. Flushing isn't going to help with a leak. If you're concerned that the coolant dripping through or around the splash shield appears dirty, that doesn't mean the coolant in your cooling system is dirty. It could be picking up dirt from the splash shield.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a drip like every 20 seconds it feels like its coming from like where the tranny meets the block. Haven't had the time to go under completely. Would you haven't to know the size of the drain bolts? Have you done this to your hemi is there another way to get all that coolant out a different way?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have sludge in the coolant reservoir due to old owner mixing coolant fluids. I've done my part with jugs of water and a flush but I know I need to take out what's in the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.