Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I bought a used 2006 300C

I went to change the RAD hoses (has 70k miles)

and the coolant was green....

i already have the G05 coolant

Was the green from the factory, or some one being cheap?

Can they be mixed (i cant get ALL of it out)

Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
the coolant is (& should be) pale piss yellow in colour....straw coloured. The type of coolant you need is HOAT specification, (NOT "OAT"....you need "HOAT"). You should NOT mix coolants of a different spec. Flush with water from a hosepipe if youre draining the old stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the coolant is (& should be) pale piss yellow in colour....straw coloured. The type of coolant you need is HOAT specification, (NOT "OAT"....you need "HOAT"). You should NOT mix coolants of a different spec. Flush with water from a hosepipe if youre draining the old stuff
Thank you,
I put the garden hose in the block and the RAD,
I think i got most of it out,
but it only took 1.5 gallons of coolant?
The heater is blowing supper hot, does that mean its bled?

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
If the cabin heater oroduces hot sor on "hot", and cooler air on "cold" (after turning off the air conditioning (and noying that "cold" aor will be around the ambieny air temperature *so in Death Valley etc "cold" will be anything but), it would suggest your system is bled. Check it's level again after running it a few minutes with the filler cap off to make sure you dont get s glug of sir dropping the level and yourr good to go. As long as you mixed it to spec (50/50, or 60/40 acvording to your instructions and local climate) you're good to go. Yes if does take more fluid than you'd expect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts