Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have 2006 300c. I was driving around yesterday and after being in the car for most of the day I traveled done a gravel road, parked to talk to my husband, let the car running and it over heated in about 15minutes. Realized my cooling fans are not working and then slowly limped it home while stopping many times as it would heat up. Now still no fans and it is throwing the P0300 code which I know is the mis fire code but that it could mean a zillion different things. It will start and run, and of course runs on limp mode so is very skakey at an idle but levels out to drive. My temp gage went from normal to HOT and then when the temp light and the )z( light blinked on, the gage dropped back down to cold but I know it was not because it was venting out the overflow. Please help. I am digging around and going to start with the fan motor relay, any other suggestions?

Brandis
2006 300C Hemi
100800 miles

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, Brandis. That is where I'd start...with the fan relay. Also check electrical continuity across the fan motors to see if they will carry current. If not, the motors have gone bad. But I doubt both went at once. It sounds as if the relay went bad. When you replace the relay also replace the engine temperature sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, Brandis. That is where I'd start...with the fan relay. Also check electrical continuity across the fan motors to see if they will carry current. If not, the motors have gone bad. But I doubt both went at once. It sounds as if the relay went bad. When you replace the relay also replace the engine temperature sensor.
Are you referring to the coolant temperature sensor, or is there another temperature sensor specifically for the fans?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts