Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To get a better idea of just how big or small this issue is can we list here drivers who have issues with their wheels or have had them replaced under warranty. I think we should look at this objectively and include current warranty claims and historic ones. I intend to point this post out to DC UK as part of the letter template I'm intending to create.

If possible Can we include brief information such as dates and dealership. This is not intended to be a kick the dealer session but more to see if there's any particular pattern in location or whether it's more a generic thing.

I personally believe there's a fundamental issue with the manufacturer of the wheel, but we are customers of Chrysler UK and NOT the wheel manufacturer (that's DC UK's problem not ours). We can also use this thread if we decide to point this out to the media.

I've tried to keep this as factual and unemotional as possible but can understand everyone's frustrations.

Appreciate your time and effort. Please note this should only apply to UK vehicles.

Regards

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vehicle purchased APR 08
Vehicle Registered APR 08
Vehicle Manufactured MAY 07
Dealer Ryfield Chrysler, Oxford
Warranty Claim Submitted APR 08

This defect was noted and claimed for pre purchase. I have had no update on when this defect will be rectified.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sunderland -Tyne & Wear
NewVehicle purchased Sept 07
Vehicle Registered Sept 07
Vehicle Manufactured MAY 07
Dealer Kings Newcastle.
Mileage 8000
Reported in March 08
Informed new wheels on order 28th May 08

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers, I've also posted a poll in the general discussion area to ascertain the global size of the problem. If you fancy filling that in too it may add weight to our complaints.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Purchased New Sept 07
Manufactured April 07
5500 mls to date
Reported to Murray Motors Glasgow 5 weeks ago. Pictures taken still waiting to hear back from them.
It might be useful to add a [Claim In progress] option to the poll.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Purchased 1st June.
Dealer MTB Newton Le Willows.
4500 miles to date.
all 4 wheels corroded, mainly round the stub axle end caps
Claim submitted 6 weeks ago. Photos taken.
Informed today, wheels on back order. Non available at present.
This vehicle has been used as a second car, and I've avoided driving it when there's been salt on the roads or the weather's been bad, (Yes I know I'm a tart!) as this blue colour very quickly looks filthy. Anyone had chrysler mud protectors fitted?(£130 for four, supplied and fitted.) The wheels have been washed with only mild soapy water after every outing!! Yet even so....etc, etc!

·
Registered
315 Posts
300c CRD

Purchased new Dec 2006
Manufactured No info
Wheels replaced under warranty 31/03/08 damage pointed out on relacements
Photographed again 15/05/08 for 2nd claim
Dealer

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry hit enter key

Dealer Lancaster Bishops Stortford
Mileage 9000

·
Registered
38 Posts
Vehicle Manufactured: July 07
Vehicle 1st Registered: Sept 07
Vehicle purchased: Feb 08
Purchase Dealer: Ryfield, Oxford
Warranty Dealer: Kings, Swindon
Wheel Mileage 4500
Reported in May 08

Whilst changing my wheels, about 3-4 weeks ago, to Monostars, the dealer highlighted the corrosion on my stock wheels and suggested I submit a warranty claim, I agreed and they sent some photos to Chrysler of the corrosion (Mainly around the centre caps). The claim for all 4 wheels was accepted about a week ago and I am informed the wheels are on back order with no ETA.

It’s not often that anyone has a kind word to say about the dealers but I have to thank the service team at Kings for their assistance in this matter.

·
Registered
347 Posts
vehicle new Mar 08
registed Mar 08
Manufactured Apr 07
Dealer Holden Norwich
2 wheels changed by dealer on PDI
claim made by me for the other 2 wheels after 1 week ownership
those 2 wheels changed 2 weeks later
dealer sorted problem out promptly and I was happy with there service
I was a little suprised that they didnt get all 4 changed on the PDI as they clearly needed it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had 2 x 300C Cars. I bought my first in the 4.1.06 and had all 4 wheels replaced a few months later as they where all corroded. I bought my second 300C on the 1.6. 07. I just had all 4 wheels replaced last week as they had corroded badly. It seems to be an ongoing problem. I wonder if coating them in Vasesline would help. :joke:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh,wrong forum me thinks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
and there's me thinking i was the only occupant of the gutter :)

thanks for the responses so far. Much appreciated.

bump
I tend to hang around in the gutter for a while, realise it's above me a go back to the sewer

:lick:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tend to hang around in the gutter for a while, realise it's above me a go back to the sewer

:lick:
:biggrin: nice down there is it? If you see the phantom of the opera can you ask him to come and collect andrew lloyd webber?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bit late but:

300c Manufactured March 07
Purchased April 07
Mileage 17k
Offside rear alloy corroded and replaced at first service in April 08; dealer took pics and no problems getting it sorted.
Other three are slowly corroding; aim to get sorted at next service.

·
Registered
841 Posts
car serviced at 5000miles. I'm going back for 3 new wheels at my convenience. car was new at march 2007.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts