Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting the Pro kit for my 300C but was told by my body shop that the installation was a huge pain in the ass and it wouldnt be cheap to have installed. Can anyone give me a good idea on what to expect for installation charges.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Im looking at getting the Pro kit for my 300C but was told by my body shop that the installation was a huge pain in the ass and it wouldnt be cheap to have installed. Can anyone give me a good idea on what to expect for installation charges.

I got mine done for $250. Don't know where that falls into range with others' costs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're talking the springs only right? What, are they gonna take breaks every 15 minutes or something???

He was saying that the suspension is a pain in the ass to deal with on 300's and that it took quite a long time to put new springs on because of having to remove several other suspension related parts?? I really have no idea whats involved. Ive owned my 300 for 3weeks now

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
He was saying that the suspension is a pain in the ass to deal with on 300's and that it took quite a long time to put new springs on because of having to remove several other suspension related parts?? I really have no idea whats involved. Ive owned my 300 for 3weeks now
I had my shop do it and it was done in 4 hours total. Maybe your guy hasn't done a whole lot of them and is not comfortable doing it. 8 hours is ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
My friend is the manager at Midas Muffler and quoted me $100 for the install. Labor only! I would have to take my car somewhere else for the alignment (which you will need after the install). Price was good, but he was also a friend. Here's my Pro-kit, came in yesterday! If you haven't gotten them yet, I would highly suggest Tirerack. Price is very compatible to EBAY price.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've heard its around $200. Me and a buddy installed mine and it was pretty easy. I could probably do it again in under 2 hours. 8 hours is rediculous!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I took mine to Big O they took about 4 hours, i think it was like 300?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've heard its around $200. Me and a buddy installed mine and it was pretty easy. I could probably do it again in under 2 hours. 8 hours is rediculous!
Good job on your own install! This is one Mod I will pay someone else to do. Can't afford to have a spring re-coil and knock out my teeth!:sour:

·
Banned
651 Posts
grab a jack, some jackstands a six pack of your favorite brew and set aside a couple of hrs on a sunny weekend. The front is super easy to do but the rear is a lil tricky. just make sure you put chains on the old springs so they dont pop out and hurt you

·
Registered
566 Posts
Good job on your own install! This is one Mod I will pay someone else to do. Can't afford to have a spring re-coil and knock out my teeth!:sour:
Yeah, luckily my next door neighbor has every tool imaginable. I wouldn't do it without a spring compressor, its possible but too risky...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It sounds like he just dont want to do it!8 hrs on installing springs is ridiculous like BIG SMOOTH said or he is just trying to rip you off,I would shop around for prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
springs installed IRVINE

if your in irvine, there is a shop that only installs them for about $130
Hey i just got my pro kit sent to me and am looking to get them installed. i also heard it is pretty difficult to install the back springs. i live in Dana Point so irvine isnt a bad drive at all. whats the name of the shop & what streets is it off?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hey i just got my pro kit sent to me and am looking to get them installed. i also heard it is pretty difficult to install the back springs. i live in Dana Point so irvine isnt a bad drive at all. whats the name of the shop & what streets is it off?
714 Motorsports
714 901 0714
ask for manny and let him know william with the white on white c sent you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts