Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up with Costco gas ( premium for the 1st time ever) I was running really low on gas and was at Costco so I filled up. Does anyone know if the quality of their gas is on par with the Chevrons', Shell etc, or would it be on par with weaker gas such as AM PM/ Arco.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Here's a chemists view on gasoline brands. What he's saying is that oil company refineries swap brands between themselves all the time so you never really know if you're getting Texaco or Shell or whatever.

The major diffference seems to be the additives, but there are government regulations on that too.

I really don't think there's any difference at all to be honest.

http://vettenet.org/octane.html

Bernie

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
There was a big problem here in the UK, about a year or two ago, when one of the additives put in supermarket fuel managed to destroy the oxygen sensors in the exhausts. There was a massive payout for compensation. I never used this fuel before and I certainly wouldn't now.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Here's a chemists view on gasoline brands. What he's saying is that oil company refineries swap brands between themselves all the time so you never really know if you're getting Texaco or Shell or whatever.

The major diffference seems to be the additives, but there are government regulations on that too.

I really don't think there's any difference at all to be honest.

http://vettenet.org/octane.html

Bernie
good article, thanks rambit

think i'll try that and see how it feels.

if it's true, it does make sense.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've used Costco Premium gas now for about 5 months with no problems. I do use a fuel system cleaner every time I get a oil change but that cost doesn't even come close to the extra money I would pay for gas at a Shell or Conoco around here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts