Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around and have only seen a handfull of 300s with tvs in them. For those who have tvs in theirs could you please give me some ideas on a multimedia system for my DLR 300. I have a few ideas in my head but would like to see more ideas before I choose one. TY

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Im in the process of getting some i.c.e for my 300c. If your going to go with headrest monitor then go with precut and prefitted headrest. The 2 companies that make em are vizualogic and savv. Both companies have excellent products and the look of the headrest are close to oem. I've had savv products in my last 2 cars and I can't say anything bad about them. The quality of the monitors are excellent and the headrest look factory. As far as the front goes, what im planning to do is get a 6.5" in dash double din headunit like the Kenwood and buy the navigation bezel and have it custom fitted. You can always go with a flip out headunit like the Pioneer AVIC-N1 which has navigation built in. Only thing im waiting for is a volume control module so I can use the steering wheel controls with a aftermarket deck. You can spend countless dollars on a video/audio system but it all depends on your budget. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300Con23s said:
Im in the process of getting some i.c.e for my 300c. If your going to go with headrest monitor then go with precut and prefitted headrest. The 2 companies that make em are vizualogic and savv. Both companies have excellent products and the look of the headrest are close to oem. I've had savv products in my last 2 cars and I can't say anything bad about them. The quality of the monitors are excellent and the headrest look factory. As far as the front goes, what im planning to do is get a 6.5" in dash double din headunit like the Kenwood and buy the navigation bezel and have it custom fitted. You can always go with a flip out headunit like the Pioneer AVIC-N1 which has navigation built in. Only thing im waiting for is a volume control module so I can use the steering wheel controls with a aftermarket deck. You can spend countless dollars on a video/audio system but it all depends on your budget. Good luck!
thanks pimpin'.

·
Registered
216 Posts
would you recommend one over the other, vizualogic or savv? The guy I am thinking about using is telling me to go with vizulogic. Now I have been to their website, maybe you can help out with couple of questions for me:
1) Can different DVD's play simutaneously in each headrest
2) Is volume only heard through the headphones or are their speakers built into the screen or can it be heard through the car speakers
3) How do you get the DVD to play on the nav screen (i know gshug did it)
4) Is there a OEM visor screen for the front passenger
5) Are you aware of a back-up camera that will play on the nav screen when reversing
6) What would it require to get TV reception in your vechile

Thats it for now. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
would you recommend one over the other, vizualogic or savv? The guy I am thinking about using is telling me to go with vizulogic. Now I have been to their website, maybe you can help out with couple of questions for me:
1) Can different DVD's play simutaneously in each headrest

YES WITH TWO VIDEO SOURCES

2) Is volume only heard through the headphones or are their speakers built into the screen or can it be heard through the car speakers

WITH A FM MODULATOR IT WILL PLAY THROUGH YOUR SPEAKERS, OR IF OUR HEAD UNIT HAS AN ADDITIONAL SOURCE IT COULD PLAY THROUGH THAT.

3) How do you get the DVD to play on the nav screen (i know gshug did it)

http://WWW.AVELECTRONIC.COM

4) Is there a OEM visor screen for the front passenger

DON'T KNOW

5) Are you aware of a back-up camera that will play on the nav screen when reversing

AVELECTRONIC HAS THEM

6) What would it require to get TV reception in your vechile

A TV TUNER (SOMETIMES INCORPORATED INTO DVD PLAYERS), AND A MONITOR

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are a few other companies that make them as well that come with factory matched headrests. (Myron & Davis) They have a 8" (7.8" screen system) Not cutting or anything....they are already all setup.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Aspendog, thank you very much. I appreciate all the knowledge. 1 last question for now in conjuction with question#6 - TV tuner. When you say I need a monitor, do you mean another one other than the one in the headrests or the nav screen or can we use one of those?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Projekt 300C said:
Aspendog, thank you very much. I appreciate all the knowledge. 1 last question for now in conjuction with question#6 - TV tuner. When you say I need a monitor, do you mean another one other than the one in the headrests or the nav screen or can we use one of those?
No if you have headrest monitors that is all you need, if you have the NAV converted then you will have 3 monitors. All the monitors do is display the video.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Don't bother with a TV tuner because you won't be able to pick up much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Denverr1 said:
here is mine
i get deals on them :D
Niiiiice I have to ask one question and I am sold!
Are the headrests larger than the stock ones?
I bought a nice set of 7" for my F150 SuperCrew and they are much larger than my stockers, not that I care that they are just for reference.

TIA

-Bruce

1 - 14 of 14 Posts