Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas. I'm new here and I have a couple questions for the collective 300 owners.

I bought a 2013 300c 5.7 last month. I did a ton of research before buying, (I started last October, actually) so I was certain that the 300c would be right for my needs.

Now, the car has about 20,000 miles on it and the tires are already circling the drain tread-wise. I have the 18" chrome wheels with the OEM Firestone FR-710's. (225/60 R18) The lifespan of these tires obviously sucks but the ride quality is quite good. I'm looking for recommendations for tires of the same size that have a smooth, quiet ride. The car will be used primarily for long driving trips, mostly interstate driving and will likely never see snow or ice. I've read a lot of reviews and it looks like the Continental Pure Contact w/Eco Plus are an excellent choice for my needs and this car. Do you guys see any reason to steer clear of the Continentals? If so, what other tires should I look at?

I have also been considering getting a programmer. Any thoughts on the Hypertech 705007?

Thanks from a shady guy in a sunny place.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
18" with 205? Can you post a pic of the alloy wheel to see if they are the same as uk spec?

I thought the 18" had 225/60 R18's..??? Are you guys different over the pond?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I have the same rims and also had the FR710 tires. I replaced them with the Ecopia EP422. They rode smooth but handling was terrible. I finally took them back within the 30 day guarantee window and replaced them with Potenzas. They are a firmer ride but so much better handling and stability. When these wear out though, I think I will just cough up the extra money and get some Michelins.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

The guy at the local tire shop is trying to get me to buy the Bridgestone Ecopias but I have read of similar experiences to yours. I think I'll steer clear of the Bridgestones.

Michelins would be nice but they're a little too steep for me right now.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Try Altenzo Navigator. Australian make that was European leading seller in last two years. C rating on wet, c on grip and only 69 decibels on road noise. Way better than P Zero's, Bridgestone or Michelin's. great on wearing.

They also have reinforced side walls to prevent any rocking/bouncing in cornering. I bought four and can recommend them. Beat any tyres I have had in a long time.

I upgraded to 255/55/18 and no problems what so ever with the fit. They are a bit close to the inside suspension arm so I out 2.5mm spaces on but some don't bother.

Google them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll chime in here... I replaced my Firestones with the Continental PureContacts. They are AWESOME tires. I was looking for a tire that had good all-season traction and good handling (a little sportier tire I suppose). These tires have amazing traction in snow, rain, and the dry. They handle much better than the Firestones; in corners where the Firestones would be squealing these tires don't make a sound. I would say that they are a little more firm than the Firestones, but not overly so. Still very comfortable ride. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input.

I looked into the other suggestions in this thread. I don't see anywhere to easily get the Altenzos and the Bridgestone Ecopias and Potenzas get such mixed reviews I'm a little hesitant to go with either.

The Conti PureContacts get rave reviews from almost everyone so I feel a little more confident shelling out for them.

It's nice to hear from someone that has the same car with these tires and isn't trying to sell me anything.

Thanks again, fellas.

Oh yeah, any thoughts on the Hypertech Interceptor?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for your input.

The Conti PureContacts get rave reviews from almost everyone so I feel a little more confident shelling out for them.

It's nice to hear from someone that has the same car with these tires and isn't trying to sell me anything.
I hear ya. I was surprised that despite all of the good reviews around the net for these tires I couldn't find anyone on here with them. I took the top 3 tires I could find and these had the best price. I bought mine from Big O Tires and they had to have their supplier ship them in, and I was about $750 out the door. No regrets :)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
part number correction

Hey fellas. I'm new here and I have a couple questions for the collective 300 owners.

I bought a 2013 300c 5.7 last month. I did a ton of research before buying, (I started last October, actually) so I was certain that the 300c would be right for my needs.

Now, the car has about 20,000 miles on it and the tires are already circling the drain tread-wise. I have the 18" chrome wheels with the OEM Firestone FR-710's. (225/60 R18) The lifespan of these tires obviously sucks but the ride quality is quite good. I'm looking for recommendations for tires of the same size that have a smooth, quiet ride. The car will be used primarily for long driving trips, mostly interstate driving and will likely never see snow or ice. I've read a lot of reviews and it looks like the Continental Pure Contact w/Eco Plus are an excellent choice for my needs and this car. Do you guys see any reason to steer clear of the Continentals? If so, what other tires should I look at?

I have also been considering getting a programmer. Any thoughts on the Hypertech 705007?

Thanks from a shady guy in a sunny place.
The P/N 705007 is for the 3.6L
The part number you need for the 5.7L is P/N 705001

Thanks,

GW
Hypertech

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the clarification! Does anyone have first-hand experience with the Hypertech Interceptor?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
5.7 Hemi = Diablosport... don't go any other way! ;-)

If you search out tuners on here you will soon see we've been down this road lots! Diablo is used by 99% of tuners for custom tuning and Diablo's canned tunes are dialed in very well for our cars... look nowhere else bud!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 1stTimeHemi

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I hear ya. I was surprised that despite all of the good reviews around the net for these tires I couldn't find anyone on here with them. I took the top 3 tires I could find and these had the best price. I bought mine from Big O Tires and they had to have their supplier ship them in, and I was about $750 out the door. No regrets :)
It's probably because of the bad experience we all had with Conti's that came on our gen I cars. A lot of us got a payment settlement as a result of the poor performance and premature wear. That's likely the reason very few are talking Continental or even using them.

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to bring back an old thread but:

Can you comment on the road noise from the Pure Contacts? I'm ready to order them and two different places have tried to steer me away from them citing "excessive road noise" as the reason. Has this been consistent with your experience?

I'll chime in here... I replaced my Firestones with the Continental PureContacts. They are AWESOME tires. I was looking for a tire that had good all-season traction and good handling (a little sportier tire I suppose). These tires have amazing traction in snow, rain, and the dry. They handle much better than the Firestones; in corners where the Firestones would be squealing these tires don't make a sound. I would say that they are a little more firm than the Firestones, but not overly so. Still very comfortable ride. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'll help, I bought my (exact same car) 2013 300C 5.7L and it already had BRAND NEW continental tires on it from the used dealer. Road noise? Pfft.. that thing has me trapped in a WHOLE different world when I'm driving. No sounds, total concentration from the hemi engine, no road noise.. unless you live where I do and the roads suck from pot holes and weather, so the occasional tire over a hole sound. But other than that? Any smooth road? Off to lala land.

Reactions: Dudeman

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old thread but:

Can you comment on the road noise from the Pure Contacts? I'm ready to order them and two different places have tried to steer me away from them citing "excessive road noise" as the reason. Has this been consistent with your experience?
Road noise hasn't been an issue for me. Generally I don't hear the tires unless going over uneven pavement, potholes, etc... I definitely wouldn't say they are any noisier than the stock Firestones. Traction is awesome though. Going around corners at high speeds these tires are solid. I definitely have no regrets.

Disclaimer: My other vehicle is a lifted SUV with mud tires on it. The 300 is nearly silent compared to that :)

Reactions: Dudeman

·
Registered
668 Posts
Let us know how it works out with your Continentals. I too am leaning heavily on getting those tires in the next 5k miles or so. On a related note, I figured I could save over $150 on a set of four by ordering from the Tire Rack, shipped directly to local tire shop, and pay for local installation, rather than ordering through Discount Tire (America's Tire in some parts of the US). Has anyone ever gone the route of the Tire Rack? How was your experience?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was looking into Tire Rack and found that the money I'd save by getting tires from them would be eaten up by shipping costs.

It will cost the same to have the local dealer order them for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts