Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a coustume sub box for mi 300 ...
i hope u like ittt

i put a 1500 w db drive platinum series with a 1000 w mono kenwood amplifier..i still have problems with the controls cuz it turns of when it heats on .. i dont know what happen jeje ok i hope u like itt!!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more piks and the box finished

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Doesn't look like it's even remotely close to proper box volume, prepare to be dissapointed. I could get a less powerful sub that costs far less to be twice as loud, easily. If you're going for a slick-looking install, kudos, but if you're going after any kind of volume or quality:
You're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Doesn't look like it's even remotely close to proper box volume, prepare to be dissapointed. I could get a less powerful sub that costs far less to be twice as loud, easily. If you're going for a slick-looking install, kudos, but if you're going after any kind of volume or quality:
You're doing it wrong.
Thats a little harsh... :rolleyes:

I think it looks awesome, and with the odd shape of the sealed enclosure with enough power it should sound great. I don't have any experience with that specific brand, but it looks like you've got about 1.5 cubic feet, which should be adequate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree with gunslinger the wrong box and it changes everything... But it looks cool! :biggrin: Is the box even sealed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The box looks sealed and if it's got at least 5 to 7 layers of fiberglass all the way around it should strong enough. It thats a 10" sub the space is fine but a 12" it may need more cubic space but that may count on the brand. But all in all this enclosure is pretty clean.:)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnks.. i know everyone has his oppinion..
jejeje im proudd of my box jaja cuz i dont know anything about that kind of thinks... mm do u think that the box need a hole? or it has to be sealed? sound pretty cooll.. butt the ampli turns off after a while.. its a mono amp w 2 exits.. mm i dont know how to say "bobina" but i connect each bobina to the exits anyone understand mee jajaj sorry for myenglish

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey if it works for you and sounds good roll with it. I do this stuff for a living if you really wanted it to be mor dense you should have stretched fleece over your skeleton then fibreglass that & then ad some fibre matting if needed a little duraglass in and out then finishing depending on if you're gonna carpet or paint it. Anyways good job you did something most wouldn't ever try.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man! apreciate! =)

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a sealed box dose is regulate the amount of air the sub can vibrate, giving off sound. Not enough space and you wont be using your sub to the full capacity, to much air space and your allowing the sub to much movment or enegry if you will. So whats probly happening and this is why your amp is shutting off is without a sealed box the sub is being over worked and with all the extra energy its trying to use its shorting out the amp. So i suggjest that you seal your box... But is still looks good! :biggrin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thnks mann... my box is sealed i turn down the main volume.. and still turns off. i dont know what to do .. i was about to do it a hole in it jajaj but didnt. jajaj thaks fot de advice mann!=)

·
Registered
158 Posts
My guess is that the amp is shutting off because the impedance (OHMS) of the speakers is lower than what the amp can handle when bridged. I bet that if you put your hand on the amp right after it turns itself off it will be really hot.

If you have a multimeter measure the impedance of the sub, and compare that to the specs for the amp.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oo ok ok i undestand but ill try everything... i put the sub on 2 4 and 8 ohms .. i spend all the day on it.. but i thinks that is the impedance like u say..
thankss to every one! u are cool guys!

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah u might lose some thump but hey u did it urself it looks great and if u like it ... thats all that counts.

but yep.... props for doing something many would'nt and yes it does look great!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thankks!!! im thinking somenthing for the entire trunk .. after i buy more subs for more boom inm the trunk jaja

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It looks as though you need a few more layers of glass on that bad boy. I typically build enclosures with between 6-10 layers of glass. I also use MDF because it is more stable and less prone to delamination and warping like the plywood you used.

Don't let any of my comments get your hopes down, I became an MECP certified installer when I was 16. I can't even remember the sheer number of boxes I built and that got used for a month and then scrapped for a new design. Its a learning process and thats how you get better.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the amp could be going into protect mode because....like ashton said your dropping your ohms to low...also it could be what size speaker wire and what size power/ground wire your using?...that will also make the amp shut down with too small of wire..but OHM'S is very important!!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
MDF is less prone to Delamination than Plywood? (They build boats out of Plywood, they don't build them out of MDF) :)

MDF's major positive is the resonant frequency (FS) of the material is usually lower than the sub will play, as it's a super dense material. But MDF does not like exposure to moisture, it won't warp (ply will) it will just turn to a puddle of goo. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts