Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 C and when I go over a bump or the car flexes (example: leaving driveway) a little I hear a Cracking or Snaping sound like the windshield is cracking. I don't have any cracks in any window. It sounds like it is in the upper right side but I cannot isolate it since I also cannot reporduce it reliably.

anyone have any experiences lke this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thre is a TSB out for that tell your local dealer and they should be able to fix it no problem.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
bling300c said:
thanks, i looked at the TSB here
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4894
but don't see one that looks right. do you know which TSB it is?
It's this one:

03/10/05 … 2005 .. #23-018-05 …. Pop/Snap Sound On Right Side Of Instrument Panel .. (3M)

Many of us are also experiencing this particular problem, and I understand that it has something to do with a plastic dashboard mounting bracket of some kind. Although at first I too thought that a rock had hit my windshield, I've since learned to live with it...fearing that it might lead to even worse noises once the dealer takes apart my dash. :bigeyes2:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Actually, in my case it did. The popping gave way to wicked rubbing/vibrating. They have since "refixed" it by putting a bolt back into the one removed in the tsb, just a shorter version of that bolt. All is well so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts