Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little weird, everytime the cars been parked for a few hours. I get in start it up, start driving & the first little bump I hit, my windshield makes a cracking sound, only ones..... until I park it again that is. Its become a routine for me I wait for the sound to come evertime i start driving the car, its almost like the windshield is falling into its place??? Don't want to go see the dealer just yet because they'll probably think im making things up.

p.s. I know its not the dash, because thats a totally different sound, which doesn't bother me as much.:pat: for the time being.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TSB # 23-018-05 cured the problem. Someone had posted earlier that there was a TSB out to correct the problem. Thanks for the information.
--------------------------

Might sound like a stupid question, but what is TSB ???

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i go to the dealer tell him; can you fix TSB#23-018-05 & tell know what im talking about ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Riddler said:
So i go to the dealer tell him; can you fix TSB#23-018-05 & tell know what im talking about ?
If it doesn't bother you too much I'd leave it alone. Mine also popped but it went away on it's own after several months.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Riddler said:
Thanks Arnold, I think im going to follow your advise, im gonna give till late spring.
I had the TSB done about a month ago

It fixed it nicely

Took all of 10 minutes and the Chief Tech said it was easy.

Zilla

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had my car 12 months. Windshield still makes the popping noise. The car goes in next week for that and some other TSB's. I doubt it will go away. They have to adjust something behind the dash to fix it.

Any time a problem is that much of a hassle to fix, it rarely goes away on its own.

·
Registered
750 Posts
dkals said:
I have had my car 12 months. Windshield still makes the popping noise. The car goes in next week for that and some other TSB's. I doubt it will go away. They have to adjust something behind the dash to fix it.

Any time a problem is that much of a hassle to fix, it rarely goes away on its own.
Oh Yea of little faith:)

It's no hassle see my post

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Riddler said:
Yes they will know because all TSB's are on the dealer systems. You walk into the service area tell your Rep I have a popping noise behind my dash and here is the TSB that covers the issue. Rep goes to computer looks up TSB and says when do you want to get it done, hopefully this is what he/she says.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts