Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody else has heard any jaw-dropping comments from people at the dealership - you know, the people that should know these cars inside and out.

So last week I was buying an IAT sensor at my local dealership. I'm also looking for a couple vehicles right now, so when I was leaving the parts department one of the salesmen approached me in the lot. I asked him if they had any used AWD LX's on the lot. He says, and I quote, "we have a few AWD vehicles on the lot but no LX's right now".... mind you, we are standing in front of dozens of 300's, Chargers and Magnums. I had to explain to him. :pat:

Gets worse... I ended up having to go to another dealership for the IAT. On that lot, I talked to a nice salesman - I should mention, he did know what an LX was. HOWEVER, when I told him I was looking for a used GC SRT he proceeded to tell me (with confidence) that Chrysler has never made an SRT version of the GC. Are you kidding me?!?! I didn't even bother explaining - just pulled out my phone and googled it. His response - "Oh cool - so are these coming out next year or something?"

I'm speechless.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It wouldn't even occur to me to look at a car salesperson as a serious source of information. They're hired for their sales ability, not product knowledge, and often go from one dealership to another chasing better pay.

A sales representative with solid DCA/FCA/Stellantis product knowledge might have said something like, "We have a few AWD vehicles on the lot but no LXs right now. Chrysler switched to the LD platform in 2011, and we normally don't have ten-year-old cars on the lot. We do get them on trade from time to time, but we generally wholesale those out to other dealerships."

I'm curious, what kind of dealership did you visit last week that had dozens of Magnums on the lot? I can't remember the last time I even saw a single one at a dealership. Do they still sell them new in Singapore?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts