Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is normal operating engine temp for a CRD or what temp do you need start to worry.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
put a 180 stat in it,that'll keep it cooler

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
actually I'm not sure....lol...you can in the Hemi's...I keep forgetting you have CRuDs....lol

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why? What is yours showing?

Mine stays just below the middle mark too.
In the hidden menu i am running between 190 and 195 (f). Mine also shows just below the middle, so most be all good.

I guess the main reason why I asked, is because I have removed the Air Silencer and not yet added ducting to feed air direct from the bumper duct. As per suggestion from Petman below:

I think Armchairs comments were directed at robbiekova's location ( Adelaide, South Australia)LOL

Cold, or cooler air will definitely help the power, and its free!
And if you can force this air into the airbox, then when you give it a boot full, you will have a ready supply of cooler air ready to rush into to turbo intake

I'd replace the silencer with a suitable length of ducting feeding from one of the ducts in the bumper. BUT don't connect it directly to the intake of the air box, leave a small gap. This is just incase you enter some deep water!! The gap will prevent the engine sucking the water up

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Your temp is fine but what Petman was on about is for cooler air for power not for cooling the engine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoops :18:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts