Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 CRD Tourer with 85k, last few weeks its been taking 3/4/5 extended cranks to start in the morning. Starting throughout the day then better but still not right. Scanned and found a P0340 error, no MIL. Ordered and replaced the sensor this morning, literally a 5 min job, sorted :) :) :)

Hard to say this for definite but its felt a bit "sluggish" for a while now as if the brakes were dragging. I'm thinking the sensor was giving a poor signal and the injector timing was slightly off. Anyway I'm a happy man today.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it helps anyone here's some PNs

Original (MB) PN 51531328
Equiv (MB) PN 31539728

I ordered VE363703 Cambiare brand.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
First time I've heard of this sensor failing. Had you been doing any work in the vicinity and may have disturbed the wiring/connector?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No previous work in the area, after pulling the code I removed the sensor to check PN and reseated the connector. Same hard starting and code relogged after previous clearing. Since changing the sensor it hasn't missed a beat.

I'd be tempted to say for less than £20 if you are chasing an elusive hard start its worth changing to eliminate.

P.S. There's buckets of them on ebay so I imagine they are known to fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
dm575
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing