Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an Emotion remap on the way, this week i hope, i was thinking of upgrading the intercooler so i can get the second map (294 BHP), does anyone know the dimensions of the upgraded one, or is there a kit other than the Kraftworx one which is a bit expensive for me at the moment with a Wedding to pay for next month. I do remember that Sniper 300C said that he had done some kits when i saw his at Santa Pod earlier this year.

Cheers, Rob

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
there's Sniper's kit, & I have details of a Romanian kit with all the bits too. Both are considerably cheaper than the KW one. All require you to cut some of the front bumper brace away

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KB, could you pm me the details of the romanian kit, i've seen some intercoolers on ebay that are around £100 and they look the same as the Kraftworx one, thats why i was wondering about the dimensions.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Thanks KB, could you pm me the details of the romanian kit, i've seen some intercoolers on ebay that are around £100 and they look the same as the Kraftworx one, thats why i was wondering about the dimensions.
I have looked at some of the ones available online and none are the size of Sniper300c's kit. I have mine still in the box as I will not fit it until I have strengthened the front crossmember. It is getting approx 800mm in length if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have looked at some of the ones available online and none are the size of Sniper300c's kit. I have mine still in the box as I will not fit it until I have strengthened the front crossmember. It is getting approx 800mm in length if I remember correctly.

Hi, thanks for the info, could you tell me the depth if possible.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting married next month, my lifes over anyway.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's already one on the way, I may as well give up now

·
Registered
650 Posts
oh dear, your life really is over !! at least you have a nice car with very nice wheels, things aren't all bad

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have untill next year to buy the things i want, so i'm getting as much as i can done now before all my moneys gone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The warranty is wants slowing me down doing it, but i'm going to ask them how i stand with it.

The problem seems to be sorted now, i hope, they found a plug under the air con condensate bleed pipe that is for the TPMS that was getting dripped on and was totally corroded, they said that the plug isn't normally there, guess i got the friday night rush job car. Since they've replaced the plug and the faulty front left TPMS sensor its been ok, i hope it stays like that because its going to be a bugger getting it on the truck now its lowered, but i couldn't wait forever to get the car how i want it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've got the Romanian kit fitted and the full race map from Celtic. Ask them for the fast road and the race map then send your TCM down to them for reprogramming. The car can drive without the TCM... or so I see from reading this forum. I havent removed mine yet, but will do as soon as I get a free minute!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
So how much was the inter cooler and from whom, the reprogramme was how £? did you dyno it before and after?

I need a crd for my wife to drive and want the best package to go on it

·
Registered
986 Posts
So how much was the inter cooler and from whom, the reprogramme was how £? did you dyno it before and after?

I need a crd for my wife to drive and want the best package to go on it
Errrrrrrrrr....

Does she really want it modified?

As regards the intercooler I think you can get a universal jobby from eBay that appears to be exactly the same unit as supplied by Kraftwerk et al. It will need 64mm inlet pipes. I'm considering the mod but intend to use a slightly smaller, lower profile, unit that isn't shrouded by the bumper bar and won't require me to cut it.

Unfortunately, as I found out when I visited Cornwall last week, Celtic Tuning are experiencing stock shortages of their Emotion remap tool due to their Japanese LCD suppliers being affected by the recent earthquake.

Makes it sound like they actually build the units themselves. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts