Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
My wife would kill me for modifying it, I just cannot help myself, whats the ebay number please for the intercooler, if it increases turbo lag as it should, it might be better for my darling wife, her dad 93 and the dogs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Did you ever find a larger intercooler that didnt need the cross member cutting??
No. I really need to take the front off to measure up the space available... and I need a better reason to do that other than just measuring up for an intercooler that I won't be fitting it until the end of the warranty period next year.

If any body else is likely to be taking the front off soon it would be useful if they could measure up the available space.

I'm sure there is one out there. I might consider cutting one down to size if necessary as cutting the bumper beam is not an option for me.

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
No. I really need to take the front off to measure up the space available... and I need a better reason to do that other than just measuring up for an intercooler that I won't be fitting it until the end of the warranty period next year.

If any body else is likely to be taking the front off soon it would be useful if they could measure up the available space.

I'm sure there is one out there. I might consider cutting one down to size if necessary as cutting the bumper beam is not an option for me.
that statement caused me to get an SRT8 !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Errrrrrrrrr....

Does she really want it modified?

As regards the intercooler I think you can get a universal jobby from eBay that appears to be exactly the same unit as supplied by Kraftwerk et al. It will need 64mm inlet pipes. I'm considering the mod but intend to use a slightly smaller, lower profile, unit that isn't shrouded by the bumper bar and won't require me to cut it.

Unfortunately, as I found out when I visited Cornwall last week, Celtic Tuning are experiencing stock shortages of their Emotion remap tool due to their Japanese LCD suppliers being affected by the recent earthquake.

Makes it sound like they actually build the units themselves. :rolleyes:
Bullsh... They do nothing themself, they only buy and sell. The programmer comes from italian company Alientech, anyone can buy it there :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
i've got one fitted on mine, did dyno before and after.
my bruv in law and me went to a local company and got them to build one for us and we did them as kits, Lambournkoi (simon) has bought one off me, they come with all parts and fitting instructions.
also before you shell out on kits off ebay, you need to work out how long its gonna last as the place i took it for dyno asked me where i'd got mine from, because the cheap ones off ebay dont last they crack open or so he said.

·
Registered
339 Posts
you have to cut the cross member, as its the biggest intercooler we could get made that will fit.
or as SOX says the alternative is to move everything behind it back slightly and then its a straight fit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
interesting that the 300c intercooler looks much smaller than the Jeep intercooler. I hope to pull my intercooler to clean out the oil that is naturally ingested through the CCV valve. This is a summer project, I can post dimensions when I pull it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts