Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone has a 300C CRD nearby and doesn't mind a bit of kneeling..... could you tell me if they come with a rear anti-roll (swaybar) bar from the factory?

I'm about to order a thicker one from the states but I need to know if I also need to order the droplinks etc. (if I don't currently have them!)..

(my car is nowhere near me right now fyi ;))..

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Apparently I do have one but bu**ered if I could see it, but then again suspension is not my forte. I've tried to take some piccys but still cannot see the rear sway bar but I am trying to not look at the car too closely as I curbed one of my alloys this morning and the wheel's off to the poorly shop. Currently running 3 * monostar and 1 stock lol.

If you can tell me in detail what to look for I will have another go, but looking at the linked install pictures I think it may need to be jacked up before I can see anything. NB I have a touring so it may differ to the saloon.
See Hotchkis Dodge Magnum Suspension Install - Tech Articles - Mopar Muscle Magazine
For a nice install of the Hotchkis sways, if thats what you are getting, for a dodge magnum.
When does the Fahrwerk arrive from Germany?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The 300C is fitted with a "link type stabiliser bar" (rear suspension).

The LX maintenance manual describes the installation and mentions "stabiliser links" at the ends of the bar. Maybe these are the "droplinks" which might need to be changed to suit the thicker bar. This could also apply to the isolators attached to the crossmember, so maybe the thicker bar needs a complete set of compatible fittings. I would be inclined to believe that this is the case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Is the LX a US model? I've read elsewhere that the v6 models did not come with a rear a/r bar.. There's only one way to know for sure though and that's to get under and have a look! I did try last night, but it was getting dark and without having the car on some ramps it was impossible to see.

The drop links fall down infront of the driveshafts, so from the front is the best angle to look really.

I've committed and purchased the rear bar anyway (not the Hotchis one, but the same dims, it's all a bit academic really as tehy're most likely all made in the same factory)..

I looked on the Pedders website as they should the rear beam in all it's 'glory' and it looks like I may have to drop the rear beam to get the sodding bar on anyway. Oh well, it should make quite a noticeable difference to the handling.. I most likely won't bother changing the front, but I can't confirm until i've tested!

I don't like changing more than one thing at a time when it comes to suspension, but it's not very practical NOT to change the bar when doing the dampers/springs (as per my other thread)..

I'll let you know how I get on..

The 300C is fitted with a "link type stabiliser bar" (rear suspension).

The LX maintenance manual describes the installation and mentions "stabiliser links" at the ends of the bar. Maybe these are the "droplinks" which might need to be changed to suit the thicker bar. This could also apply to the isolators attached to the crossmember, so maybe the thicker bar needs a complete set of compatible fittings. I would be inclined to believe that this is the case.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The "LX" chassis is the generic chassis upon which the European 300C is based. The "link type stabiliser bar" info is straight from the 300C brochure. Looking at the diagram in the LX manual, this bar looks very much like what we would call an anti-roll bar. I am pretty sure that this bar exists on our models, although I haven't crawled under the car to verify.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts