Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi Ped, had ETC light problem diagnosed yesterday and its turned out to be EGR valve code - P0403. As its under the 5 year emmissions warranty my dealer are going to carry out the works at no charge. The part alone costs £300 or so, obviously pleased its a warranty thing, mind you cost me over £500 for a 4th year/50k miles service, so just hoping I get no more surprises. Be interested to know more about yours when you know more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Ped, had ETC light problem diagnosed yesterday and its turned out to be EGR valve code - P0403. As its under the 5 year emmissions warranty my dealer are going to carry out the works at no charge. The part alone costs £300 or so, obviously pleased its a warranty thing, mind you cost me over £500 for a 4th year/50k miles service, so just hoping I get no more surprises. Be interested to know more about yours when you know more.
Hello again Radlin
My car is 5 years in July this year.....Can you ask 4 me pls if I cckan get emission warranty?...I got 54K on the clock now....My plate no is S7PED
I start the car....after 7 miles the ETC is coming up an flash...and the power is reduced..i think this is not Limp mode....

I still got that P2015......Not sure ...I let you know but I suspect the linkage....from swirl motor...
Have a good time...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi Ped, I understand from the threads (I'm not very tech minded) that the Swirl is part of the emmisions system and therefore covered under the 5 year warranty. There is a 'sticky' detailing sucessful swirl related problem fixes under warranty, so perhaps a call to your dealer to arrange diagnostics would be the best thing, from there if the problem is emmisions system based they will advise about a repair under warranty.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Hello again Radlin
My car is 5 years in July this year.....Can you ask 4 me pls if I cckan get emission warranty?...I got 54K on the clock now....My plate no is S7PED
I start the car....after 7 miles the ETC is coming up an flash...and the power is reduced..i think this is not Limp mode....

I still got that P2015......Not sure ...I let you know but I suspect the linkage....from swirl motor...
Have a good time...
Hi Ped, I think Chrysler would wriggle out of repairing your car under warranty if there is any signs of the previous fire damage (it was yours car that caught fire a couple of time wasn't it?)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Ped, I think Chrysler would wriggle out of repairing your car under warranty if there is any signs of the previous fire damage (it was yours car that caught fire a couple of time wasn't it?)
Hi there..
Yes is right...it was once burn engine......and 7 days ago the swirl motor as you can see it in my pics......
I read about warranty...I got 54k on the clock now.....and 5 y in July,,,,,,,,
I did change swirl and no sure yet if is the same prob.....
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi Ped, I understand from the threads (I'm not very tech minded) that the Swirl is part of the emmisions system and therefore covered under the 5 year warranty. There is a 'sticky' detailing sucessful swirl related problem fixes under warranty, so perhaps a call to your dealer to arrange diagnostics would be the best thing, from there if the problem is emmisions system based they will advise about a repair under warranty.
Hello Radlin..
Hope to sort out my prob...
I was driving my car on A13...for 7 miles..no codes , no flash...it was so nice....and a powerful car...I never felt like that my CRD.....hmmmm......
But now again ETC is flashing code P2015...
Have a good time
Ped

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hello to Anyone,
I found a butterfly bended....in Intake Manifold right side. I changed both Manifolds.....
My car is running like a dream now......
Thanks everyone for helping me........
Have a good Day......
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
They're the flaps we take out of other diesels,take them out,take them out,then they can't go wrong....the car runs better without them too

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi Ped, glad you sorted it eventually.
Thanks radlin...
I will take pics of old manifold to show u all..
I replaced the right side brand new manifold with new swirl motor, and the left side from my spare engine....as u can see in the first pics.

Thanks
Have a good time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Flap

Were the ones you took off burnt in the original engine fire?
Hi L...
I did not change the engine, only the bits on top of the engine....So its possible one of the reason to be that.......But only one flap?.....(flap from piston no.1)....
Anyway,The car now is ok,and I am proud to drive it...This time I filled the hole from female Swirl connector with silicone to prevent oil going in.
What I found is....
1. P1408 its diesel filter..no EGR.....Must keep rev the engine at 2000/RPM for 5 min..self cleaning
2. P2008 its Swirl Motor itself...
3. P2015 its connected with linkages ,Intake manifold,or even swirl motor
Have a good time all
.....I will open the old swirl motor to see what`s in side.......

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi L...
I did not change the engine, only the bits on top of the engine....So its possible one of the reason to be that.......But only one flap?.....(flap from piston no.1)....
Anyway,The car now is ok,and I am proud to drive it...This time I filled the hole from female Swirl connector with silicone to prevent oil going in.
What I found is....
1. P1408 its diesel filter..no EGR.....Must keep rev the engine at 2000/RPM for 5 min..self cleaning
2. P2008 its Swirl Motor itself...
3. P2015 its connected with linkages ,Intake manifold,or even swirl motor
Have a good time all
.....I will open the old swirl motor to see what`s in side.......
Hi Ped, I notice what look like DRL's on your avatar photo, are they Startech/SRT ones or something different?

The EGR valve faliure code is P0403 - just what I've had done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Drl

Hi Ped, I notice what look like DRL's on your avatar photo, are they Startech/SRT ones or something different?

The EGR valve faliure code is P0403 - just what I've had done.
HI Radlin, How R U?
DRL....I fix it my self...from ebay...
You are right with the EGR I remember...

41 - 60 of 67 Posts