Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a problem get worse as the weather gets warmer. I have a 2006 SRT8 and only the driver's side suspension is creaking really bad. Here is a video of it, and the sound in real life is pretty identical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmoLwbdGLo&feature=youtu.be

I did a search and saw a few posts from years back but none with audio for comparison so I'm hoping someone can chime in to say if this sound is familiar to theirs and what they may have done to fix it. I saw a how-to on the sway bar bushings so I'm hoping it's that simple.

Thanks! :fing02:

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I'd hate to hazard a guess. It could be a lower control arm bushing, a shock problem or one of 4 - 6 bushings in the front.

I'd get it up in the air so you can test it while you can see what's moving as you compress the suspension.

Have you checked the top strut bolts to make sure they are tight?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have exactly the same noise also from my drivers side but only when I go over a bump or over a sleeping policeman.
I've had both bottom arms, top control arms, link arms, ARB bushes changed on both sides & it's still there.

I'm so fed up with it that my wife & I have spent the last two weekends looking for something else. This is supposed to be a luxury car & it sounds awful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would have someone do what you did in the video, and I would get under there and and start grabbing things and see if I could feel that, bet you could..

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
get a grease needle and inject all the "lifetime" lubricated boots up front.

Worked for me...

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Holy cow it's vvv90 Wuz up brother.

My bee sits for long periods like your 3CSRT does I found I had a similar squeak on the driver side. I could push down on the driver fender and the squeak was terrible. I found the driver side sway bar bushing needed some grease, squeak went away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts