Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 300C AWD that I have put 180,000 on. Just as I passed 180000 the cruise stopped working and the fuel economy dropped from 22 to 18. The cruise worked again for a few minutes the next day but has been gone since.

I suppose this is an engine control unit gone bad but before I walk ignorantly into a shop I am hoping I can get some advice.

·
Administrator
19,609 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having some problems.

Is the check engine light lit? If so, get the codes read by a local auto parts store. Most will do it for free. Then list the codes here and we can begin diagnosing the problem.

If the CEL is not lit, then it will take some diagnostic time (1 hour) to test the system. Are there any other car functions impacted? Front controls, lights, etc???

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hopefully this is just a glitch that won't be hard to fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having some problems.

Is the check engine light lit? If so, get the codes read by a local auto parts store. Most will do it for free. Then list the codes here and we can begin diagnosing the problem.

If the CEL is not lit, then it will take some diagnostic time (1 hour) to test the system. Are there any other car functions impacted? Front controls, lights, etc???
OK I should have checked the codes first. Sorry about that.

The diagnostic says it has 'ECM detected the can sensor is not aligned with the crank sensor.'

So I need a new crank sensor right?

I have never done this one, I am strictly a points and carborator guy but my friends tell me it can be a pain if you don't have a lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts