Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now doing research and found it very helpful so now that I've pulled the trigger and picked up a CPO CSRT8 I thought I'd introduce myself and get on the road to actually joining the community. :grouphug:

The car's an Inferno Red 2007 with 17k on it and all the options except VES. Was a Chrysler-owned car and I was able get service records and whatnot for the first owner through a friend-of-a-friend and everything checked out so I'm hoping no issues will pop up but I guess that's what warranty's for if they do.

I'm coming out a MazdaSpeed6 which I liked just fine but was suddenly finding too small for road trips with our 5 month and all his extra junk. Wanted something larger, still a sedan, and wanted to at least maintain performance - seems like the CSRT8 will be a homerun for those requirements and do way better than maintain performance.

Here's a quick pic (dirty from the ride back to MA from CT yesterday but still purty!)
Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Bcityroller, welcome to the forum from Scotland. I must admit I like your car. For some reason over here we seem to be limited to the duller colours so we have a lot of blacks, silvers and grays on the road. If I could have got hold of an inferno red one like yours I don't think I would have changed the radiator grille. The eggbox one seems to suit the stronger, brighter colours. Anyway you will enjoy your new car I am sure and you will also enjoy being on here with the rest of us.
Cheers John

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome Scott!!! Gotta ask you though, what's a "CPO"? Just a guess here, is it Chrysler Previously Owned? Makes sense to me, but just wanted to make sure.

Hey, when you get tired of the brake dust, we can help you get that sorted out!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scott!!

I went for the big car to fit my kids too... plus it looks cool and has some power..

Yours looks good... Red wasn't available when I got mine..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes everyone

Welcome Scott!!! Gotta ask you though, what's a "CPO"? Just a guess here, is it Chrysler Previously Owned? Makes sense to me, but just wanted to make sure.
CPO=certified pre-owned although Chrysler pre-owned would work too. In actual fact I guess the Chrysler/Dodge program is marketed as "Brand Spankin' Used". In any event, the car I got went in service in July 2007, racked up 17k miles and got turned in. With the CPO program, you get powertrain warranty for 8 yrs/80k miles (from service) and 3 mos/3k miles of maximum care warranty after the 3/36 bumper-to-bumper. These extra warranties have a $100 deductible. So it's good piece of mind.

Hey, when you get tired of the brake dust, we can help you get that sorted out!!!

Bernie
Brake dust doesn't scare me - I figure it's part of the equation for good stopping but it seems like from my limited looking around maybe there's comparable stopping with less dust that you guys like so I'll have to dig into that some I guess.

Need to read about tires first though as the original F1s won't last much longer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome aboard! The CSRT is a fantastic car for hauling a crew around and for hauling a$$. I said the same thing about the break dust, but its now 5 months later and I'm sick of it - time for some pads from Dave Z's. On the tires, search for posts on Toyo's - seem's like everybody likes the tires and the price.

Don't forget to change your profile.

I was dead set on brilliant black this time around, but that Inferno Red almost changed my mind - its really stunning!

-david

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm typically not a red car guy but I do like this red on the CSRT8. I'm normally pre-disposed to grey or silver but with a used car you have to be flexible and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the Inferno in person the first time. No offense to the Silver Steel owners/lovers out there but I was a little disappointed in that color in-person when I looked at one. I think I like the higher contrast with the flashy bits and the deeper colors.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on the purchase of your IR SRT. I have a feeling it won't be long before your modding begins!

bruno

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably not a lot of moddiing in the immediate future - the one income thing we're doing with the baby puts a crimp in it a little.

Side topic - I drove the old Speed6 today b/c of snow and the F1s being on the CSRT8 and man did it feel small by comparison to the the C...

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! You won't be disappointed in having and SRT8 grocery getting and family road tripper! CONGRATS! Nice color too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been the better part of a month now and still really enjoying it - enough so that my last tank was only a 12.4 mpg event but I guess that's just evidence of cause-and-effect.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I get that mileage all the time..... got about 10 MPG in Germany :salook: :drive:

Can't keep from the NHRA style starts from every stoplight, and I am still trying to slide through many of the corners here.... faster and faster I go..LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts