Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was a post about the fastest cars in the world...

I mentioned that the Caddy CTS-V posted the fastest time ever recorded of a production sedan around Nürburgring. Some of you asked about it so I dug up some stuff...

And I quote,

"Cadillac’s upcoming new 2009 CTS- V completed a lap of the legendary Nordschleife in 7:59.32. This blistering time appears to be the fastest ever publicly documented for a production sedan."

They even had the nerve to post the video of the run*.
Cadillac CTS-V lays down blistering time at Nurburgring - Brightcove

*NASCAR fans please take note. Several right hand turns are included in the video.

The car is stock (even the tires) except for a 5-point harness. "Big deal", you say. Welp, lemme break it down for ya. This thing is only three seconds slower than a Ferrari 360 (Challenge Stradale f1). To put that into perspective, here's a list of who's slower around Nürburgring than the CTS-V:

Ferrari 355 GTB
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Audi R8
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Mercedes CLK 63 AMG - Black Series
Aston Martin V8 Vantage

There are actually around 20 or so production cars that do the lap faster, but they're all your typical "Super" cars ala Lamborghinis, Zondas, Koenigseggs, the Bugatti, and such.

This Cadillac appears to be no joke. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i read about this on autoblog and jalopnik a week or 2 ago, and i was impressed, especially after seeing the list of cars that the little Caddy beats. and seriously, this has everything going for it for my next car...except one thing....that supercharged 6.2 is going to go through a TON of gas. even if i can afford the car, who knows if i, or us, can afford the gas. i guess ill see in 2 years.

·
Registered
336 Posts
CTS is what I would have if not my 300C. Can't wait to see the CTS coupe coming out for 09 I think. Don't know the $$$

·
Registered
59 Posts
that is a great time, no doubt. but the CTS-V can hold a candle to the rest of those cars as far as 0-60 or top end. Im not trying to take away from the accomplishment, but just putting the overall performance of the car into perspective. Great car though, and I LOVE the new look.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
That's fine.. that's why GM makes the Z06 Corvette.. And coincidentally it also set a few records at the "Ring" and smashed a bunch of old records.

:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did my eyes deceive me or does that car have the AUTO trans?? I know the '09 Vs now have both MT and AT options, but a record holder w/ the AT??? WOW.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I gotta say that the new caddy CTS, not even the V, just the regular one is one damn hot car. Its got a wicked aggressive look to it. I like the look of my C but the new CTS looks way better then the old one and is HOT.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i dont mind a used CTS-V. they look just as good and will run you around 30k give or take

·
Registered
518 Posts
see the new remake of the zr1 using that same motor? woooo-weeee now thats a fast sum-a-bish... i have always had a fondness for vettes and that one tops the cake as one of my top 3 favorite vettes of all time, actually it kicked the original zr1 outta my top list

·
Registered
328 Posts
I love this car...i will buy one i think!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The CTS-V will punch your wallet in the face for about $75k.

Some say it might be in the ball park of $65K.
I was going to guess 80k

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cts-v

WOW everytime I look at that beautifull interior , I want one !!! My lease runs out in 2009 and I am seriously looking at the regular 3.6 VVT motor version of the CTS . If unless GM drops the price down to us regular folk ($60,000 k - $65,000k CDN , base model 6 speed manual) than I would love to own a V . I think cadillac has finally got the "pulse" of what people are looking for in a car . EXCELLENT job cadillac !!!
B D HEMI

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
WOW everytime I look at that beautifull interior , I want one !!! My lease runs out in 2009 and I am seriously looking at the regular 3.6 VVT motor version of the CTS . If unless GM drops the price down to us regular folk ($60,000 k - $65,000k CDN , base model 6 speed manual) than I would love to own a V . I think cadillac has finally got the "pulse" of what people are looking for in a car . EXCELLENT job cadillac !!!
B D HEMI
now only if GM could stop having their suppliers strike left and right, theyd be the last standing among the big 3, dumb unions

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cts-v

I agree !!! Just when GM has it's act together A- hole unions hate to see a corporation make a profit unless they can dip into the purse .
B D HEMI

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I agree !!! Just when GM has it's act together A- hole unions hate to see a corporation make a profit unless they can dip into the purse .
B D HEMI
if it wasnt for the axle strike, last quarter gm wouldve made a profit and a bigger one than fords eps, and this Q their suppose to get hit by 1.8 bill from the axle strike. :smashfrea

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Its a very nice ride and if I could afford one I MAY consider, however they are still 30k over the srt8. The srt8 has always been the best value for style and performance. If I want that kind of HP and could afford it I'd put a SC on by RDP for under 10k and be at 600+ RWHP.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Its a very nice ride and if I could afford one I MAY consider, however they are still 30k over the srt8. The srt8 has always been the best value for style and performance. If I want that kind of HP and could afford it I'd put a SC on by RDP for under 10k and be at 600+ RWHP.
thats true itd be cheaper to get to the HP with the srt8 and rdp setup but id have to side with caddy on the way better quality

1 - 20 of 29 Posts