Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we all know about the BT vustom badges for all kinds of stuff including the badges that go inside the wings for 300's. I got the scull/bone one and im VERY happy with quality of the product, but at the same time I think the price for a piece like that is biting. Now I'm thinking I wanna go something different. My question is...are there any other companies that make similar products (don't have to be metal) that do custom designs? Or where I could get blank ones and maybe get em cut out somewhere else?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i have seen people run vinyl stickers.

the billet pieces are very well made, the best out there. sure, i'm partial because i know the bt team and consider them close friends.

in my opinion, once you find a comparable piece of metal, and find a place to cut an image for you, i think the BT price will seem reasonable....unless you have a friend with a CNC machine.

if you think about what BT actually made before the made products for our vehicles (intricate parts for the military and space program) then you'll understand the quality they put into every single piece.

your best bet is to go with a vinyl overlay sticker. if you go with anything metal, go BT. you won't find a better premium-grade product.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're right man...but I'm not going with vinyl overlays...i mean come on! hahaha that is just waaaaaay cheap...but I'm not trying to send my car into space either...ya kno what i mean?:dead1:

·
Registered
469 Posts
this is just my .02 - but we own very nice cars. the 300 is definitely not your average sedan. With all the money that we put into our cars its always best to get the best quality. And usually that means spending a little extra. If you can afford to pay for the 300C and the gas for it, hell, you may as well throw down $60 bucks for a custom emblem that is the best quality around. If you go BT, you definitely will NOT be disappointed.

here's a pic of mine:

good luck though to whatever you choose to do!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
you're right man...but I'm not going with vinyl overlays...i mean come on! hahaha that is just waaaaaay cheap...but I'm not trying to send my car into space either...ya kno what i mean?:dead1:
that's funny to me because my front emblem is the SPACE CITY LX logo made by BT. LOL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks sweet! very original idea too!...at least I never thought of that and never seen it...and you're right...just tired of my wife nagging on how much money I spend on my ride...especially after the rims...i think she shat a brick...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
order it with out her knowing! what she doesn't know, doesn't hurt!

and when you get it, tell her you picked it up at a garage sale for $5. :pat: :biggrin:
dont work that way...she's at home all day long and the box comes in when shes home...its all good tho I'm thinking I'm going to sell my xbox 360 with all them games that I got for some upgrades for the car...i think it's a fair trade.

·
Registered
683 Posts
my company has their own machine shop complete with CNC machines and a 4 axis lathe along with the rest of the standard machines you would expect. I've talked to the shop manager about having a few things made for my car. First I would have to make all the measurements and get a drawing made up, then they would have to import the drawing into the mastercam so it can run on the CNC. I would then have to send it out to get anodized if I wanted, get it back in and then have the final engraving done which would require a second mastercam program. depending on how much detail that could take a while to get it looking right. In the end it would probably cost me 3-4 times as much as one from BT. Quality would be the same since it is a precision shop that makes a lot of one offs for use in military, aerospace, and oil applications.

But if you think the BT price is too much take one to your local shop and have them quote it for you. Any quality machine shop won't be able to beat that price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, we all know about the BT vustom badges for all kinds of stuff including the badges that go inside the wings for 300's. I got the scull/bone one and im VERY happy with quality of the product, but at the same time I think the price for a piece like that is biting. Now I'm thinking I wanna go something different. My question is...are there any other companies that make similar products (don't have to be metal) that do custom designs? Or where I could get blank ones and maybe get em cut out somewhere else?

Custom Car Emblems | Custom Chrome Badges | Auto Embelms | Cadillac Emblems | Vehicle Decals | Fast Shipping

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
....Just My Opinion...
Good Quality Vinyl overlays don't look THAT bad...

·
Registered
114 Posts
With all the money that we put into our cars its always best to get the best quality. And usually that means spending a little extra. If you can afford to pay for the 300C and the gas for it, hell, you may as well throw down $60 bucks for a custom emblem that is the best quality around.
i find this kind of ironic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts