Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have done many things, but this has got to be the most radical thing we are dipping into. Custom painted engine covers for the LX 5.7L engines. That's right, we flew down an artist from Utica New York, and we did our first engine cover. This guy is awesome, and his work is incredible. He has done many custom cars for several paint manufacturers, and even custom work for American Chopper. We thought we might be able to bring this to all of you, and keep the custom work at a very reasonable price range. We are trying to get a feel for this, so we are learning to be more attentative to details. We also understand that custom work is really a representation of the owners personality. What we are trying to accomplish here is to be able to offer generic custom painted covers, done tastefully, to everyone at a very reasonable price. This guy can do extreme custom work as well, but that would be dealt differently than this cover displayed below. We figured out the costs involved, and came up with an engine cover that should sell for $375.00, but we wanted to do better than that, so we worked out a deal to be able to offer these incredible engine covers for $295.00 plus shipping. To help us better get a feel for this, your responses are very welcome. Below you will see the very first prototype, and each and every cover will be hand painted, no two will be identical.

More pictures added, please be aware, really crappy camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Pictures are too small. Can you make them bigger please :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice...Very nice.
at $295, price is right IMO

·
Registered
538 Posts
These are nice!

QUestion - is the black that serves as the "base color" on the pictures color coded to match the Brilliant Black on the 300's? If not, will this be an option so that we can color match?

JFF:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO, we did not color match the paint, but that is a very good option. This was a real quick test we conducted, he actually came down to do some custom paint work on a chopper, but that job fell apart before he got started, so we scrambled to find him something to do, and came up with this. With no paint booth, except for the make shift one we created in a barn, this is what came out. We will be sending them to his shop in New York, where he has the proper equipment to do these the right way. At least then we can plan things, such as background color matching to vehicle colors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to get a midnight blue with lightning or something

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do we supply our own cover...

or can you get us one. I'd like to prehaps have a show cover and a daily driver cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Custom Engine Cover

I own a Deep Lava Red 300C and would like to have one of these covers with the primary color as the background. I'm not sure of the color of the flames, but I'm open to suggestions/recommendations. Count me in! :banana:

Erny

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Very Nice..

I just left Ted at the Super Center,saw that engine shroud up close..WOW..looks awesome,the detail work is amazing.This is a class act guys,Custom painted at EVERY sense of the word,for less than $300. :damnit: I should have waited a little longer to buy my engine cover.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Flames originator

I think it was either George Barris or Big Daddy Ed somebody (can';t remember his exact name)

One of them also did Taz

Both from my era.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't see how you can do the cover and custom paint for that price but I am IN!! I just want the outside painted magnesium and the center still silver. Who do i contact.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
300CHammer said:
I own a Deep Lava Red 300C and would like to have one of these covers with the primary color as the background. I'm not sure of the color of the flames, but I'm open to suggestions/recommendations. Count me in! :banana:

Erny
The artist and I were talking about this, and he suggested this.
Deep Lava Red background color.
Deep Lava Red tinted to a lighter shade True Fire flames
Deep Lava Red tinted even lighter shade True Fire flames
And even another coat of an even lighter Deep Lava Red True Fire flames

Ultimately, it would look like almost ghost flames, with a lot of depth, for you would have 2 more layers of flames under the most visible layer.
I can almost see it now, and I am liking it!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike5959 said:
I don't see how you can do the cover and custom paint for that price but I am IN!! I just want the outside painted magnesium and the center still silver. Who do i contact.
Just give Jeff Hunter a call at 1-800-456-5337, and he will get all the details on how you want it done.

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
count me in as well when custom match is available. Any chance of also doing up a matching air filter as well in a package.
PM me with info when available
Color---CV

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
We are doing these in matching colors now, just got one back in the brilliant black with true fire flames, no logo for a Dodge Magnum. We have another expected in any time now in the factory blue with lightning and the R/T logo for another Magnum. Will post pics soon, keep posted!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts