Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dam, if I don't just keep coming up with more things to do. My Black 300C has 652 miles and I have the "Bentley" grill and thought I only needed tinted windows and 20's. Add to the list the extended exhaust tips. Not a gear head so work with me....do you have to swap out your entire exhaust system...or can I somehow add the tips to simply supply the more visible tips? One thing I don't like is you can barely see the dual exhaust and the extended tips are a must. Any feedback is much appreciated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's never ending flipmode... I was just thinking about all the $$ I've spent and I'm getting close to SRT #'s.....on BOTH of the cars in my sig!!! :eek:

Take it to a local muffler shop, they will have tips they can weld on for you. Usually a good selection to choose from too so you can see what they look like before they weld. 5' tips are a bit large IMO, but I think they are ok on the Magnum, just a bit too big on the C.

I like the Oval Borla 3.5's - they stretch to almost 5 wide and look great.

·
Registered
323 Posts
hey, the 5" tips would be sweet, but i think you need to look into the quad tipped mufflers, like the ones that comes on mercedes amg models. i am pretty sure that they have them on ebay, and if you go to a muffler shop, they can probably get you some that are identical for a lot less money.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
flipmode said:
Dam, if I don't just keep coming up with more things to do. My Black 300C has 652 miles and I have the "Bentley" grill and thought I only needed tinted windows and 20's. Add to the list the extended exhaust tips. Not a gear head so work with me....do you have to swap out your entire exhaust system...or can I somehow add the tips to simply supply the more visible tips? One thing I don't like is you can barely see the dual exhaust and the extended tips are a must. Any feedback is much appreciated.
I used 4" tips,got'em off ebay-cheap..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've always thought our 300C stock exhaust tips are too small and too hidden, too.

I had my local Master Muffler shop cut off my tips and install two new DNX 4 inch tips. Retained the OEM resonators - just welded them to the outlets. Total cost including installation was $123. They stick out about 1" beyond the bottom edge of the bumper

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts