Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been on this forum with questions about modification on the front dash to apply 4" component's in the 3-1/2" holes, no left comments about how to get the job done. I just made rings and fiber glassed the rings the bottom of the dash, but that’s not why I’m here again.

I need some ideas for a complex box design for two 12" kicker L7's and three amp's. I've posted drawings for some of the ideas i have.
(Note: I want to retain the use of my trunk flap access to spare tire and battery) so I measured the trunk from the flap back and started drawing designs, here are some pictures of rough drafts I penciled in.

The main challenge was the placement of the amps my idea is to "Float them over the front of the speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
If the stereo system is just for show, then I would say go ahead and float the amps over the subs. If you plan to listen to it very much, mounting the amps in that location is not a good idea. It will have constant vibration getting pushed directly at the amps, which in a short time will begin to loosen up the guts of the amp.

By looking at your drawings, I can't tell if you plan to fire the subs backwards or forwards. If you plan to fire them backwards, I would mount the amps near the seat, that way you could fold down the seats to reveal the amps. Depending on the look you are going for, you could mount the amps behind plexi and back light it.

Here is how my old system used to look.

Shawn

·
Registered
470 Posts
blowndakrt your setup is wild man!! do you have more pics you can post? i would love to see more of this setup!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts