Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us in the past have painted our own hood liners with the cars logo or a theme for the car. You made a stencil, layed it on the liner and painted it onto the liner.

Today with more modern technology available. We can take hood liners to the next level. My buddy Devlin (at Tuner Racing) is the first in the US to import the digital air brush machine from Japan. This machine is incredible, works like a printer. You hang on the wall what is to be painted. Enter the dimensions and images of what is to be painted, in the computer. Sit back and watch it do its thing.

This is the first hood liner he has done, mine. We did paint the entire hood liner in Det. yellow first. This took lots of paint to cover the black liner. The liner has a fire retardant material that really likes to soak up the paint. Once we got enough coats of yellow on the liner, we could take the liner to the digital air brush machine, for the super bee logo.

If you would like one of these liners for your own car or more info. on this, send me a PM.

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not just yank the liner and paint directly on the hood?
Will the liner still protect after paint?
You could paint right on the underside of the hood, and not use a liner. But without the liner the underside of the hood shows all the support ribs and to me would not look as good. Plus on mine, I filled the washer nozzle holes on my hood and without my liner installed you would see the welds on the underside of the hood.

As far as the liner still protecting after being painted. I have no idea. Hood liners generally protect the paint on the hood from the engine heat, not from a fire.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I may get with you on this Mark. Not sure if I'm totally liking mine.
No problem D. Let me know.

I give you major props for making your own hood liner though. Good job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts