Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a quick question before doing all of this, would it be a good idea to do these things to this car if it has 200,000 miles on it? im looking for opinions about customizing my car. What should I do first? I want to get red rims with some good tires, black with red stitching for the seats, tinted windows, and overall i want a black and red theme for my car. i know it will take some time to do all that but im asking for is what should i start first and how can i get a good price for it? Right now i did nothing to this car.

· Registered
230 Posts
If you plan to keep it a long time, and have no problem putting a engine and trans in it (if/when needed), then go ahead.
Just make sure it's up to par mechanically first.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you plan to keep it a long time, and have no problem putting a engine and trans in it (if/when needed), then go ahead.
Just make sure it's up to par mechanically first.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
i am planing on keeping it than when i do the stuff that i want to do to that car, get a new car. my dad said the same thing. like start with small stuff like get my radio that i want and maybe do the speakers or do the tintes windows. but start with small stuff than get a new engine. thank you!

· Registered
1,532 Posts
why is that? and plus i dont drive ever far and normally drive a couple miles a day?
Between fancy aftermarket rims, "good tires", custom upholstery, a new sound system and window tint, you're looking at investing considerably more than the market value of the car, all for things that will not add to its value.

An '08 300C with 200,000 miles is at the point where there's a significant chance it will suffer a catastrophic engine or transmission failure. If that happens you will have wasted a lot of money.

You'd be better off driving and enjoying it just the way it is, and saving the thousands of dollars you would have spent on mods for your next car.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Between fancy aftermarket rims, "good tires", custom upholstery, a new sound system and window tint, you're looking at investing considerably more than the market value of the car, all for things that will not add to its value.

An '08 300C with 200,000 miles is at the point where there's a significant chance it will suffer a catastrophic engine or transmission failure. If that happens you will have wasted a lot of money.

You'd be better off driving and enjoying it just the way it is, and saving the thousands of dollars you would have spent on mods for your next car.
thats true tbh. thank you ! but what if i can get the same car but less miles. but i dont think that they make those cars no more. i was looking around and seeing if i can get the same car but less miles i would have to drive to a different state and i dont want that. i live in minnesota. but thinking on moving to florida.

· Registered
24 Posts
have a quick question before doing all of this, would it be a good idea to do these things to this car if it has 200,000 miles on it? im looking for opinions about customizing my car. What should I do first? I want to get red rims with some good tires, black with red stitching for the seats, tinted windows, and overall i want a black and red theme for my car. i know it will take some time to do all that but im asking for is what should i start first and how can i get a good price for it? Right now i did nothing to this car.
I would say no. I would make sure your engine is in good shape first. I have an 05 300c. I've had it since it had 25,000 miles on it. I took care of it. Long story short, It over heated on me and it dropped some valve seats. I took it apart to see if it was salvageable and come to find out, the timing chain had already ate through both sides of the timing chain guides and it was going to give out at any moment with out a notice. The car was running fine as far as I was concerned. Just my opinion. They do look really nice fixed up.
(y)

· Registered
2 Posts
Got ya ! But the thing is, is that I want the same car and I don’t want to spend a whole lot to get the same car that I have now. And I keep looking around to see if I can get the same car with a lower price but would that be the better opinion and have lower miles on it. Cause when I got that car I got it 2 and half years ago. It already had 199,000 miles on it and now it’s up 215,000 miles.

· Registered
24 Posts
Got ya ! But the thing is, is that I want the same car and I don’t want to spend a whole lot to get the same car that I have now. And I keep looking around to see if I can get the same car with a lower price but would that be the better opinion and have lower miles on it. Cause when I got that car I got it 2 and half years ago. It already had 199,000 miles on it and now it’s up 215,000 miles.
I feel you bro. I did the same thing. I've got so much money in mine I decided to spend the money to get the engine rebuilt and keep the car. I would recommend you replacing the motor mounts and tranny mount if they are the originals. They redesigned them bcus the originals were junk and would fall apart. I basically rebuilt my whole car from the suspension on up. The good thing about doing the work to the same car is that you know exactly what's going on and what's been done to it. go for it.

· Registered
2 Posts
I feel you bro. I did the same thing. I've got so much money in mine I decided to spend the money to get the engine rebuilt and keep the car. I would recommend you replacing the motor mounts and tranny mount if they are the originals. They redesigned them bcus the originals were junk and would fall apart. I basically rebuilt my whole car from the suspension on up. The good thing about doing the work to the same car is that you know exactly what's going on and what's been done to it. go for it.
Awesome thank you so much I might do that so I can keep the car ! I absolutely love the car and this is my first car I’ve ever owned I’m only 19 lol

· Registered
2011 Chrysler 300 C AWD
31 Posts
I’m assuming you spent less than $6500 for that year and mileage. For a first car that’s nice being they were over 40k new. One can get decent rims and rubber for $800 min new, maybe cheaper used. Tint is cheap. As for paint theme painting and or bodywork isn’t cheap unless you are doing it. You can get a cheaper macco paint job though if not much body work is needed. If it’s just a first car and you got mods on your mind be careful about putting too much money into a high mileage car. If it’s mainly about looks for you it won’t be so bad financially but any major performance upgrades or serious repairs come around you can be looking at many thousands just to keep your car running.
I want the twin turbo kit and the Vivid Racing body kit and new paint for my 2011 300 with 86k but all that would cost me about 22k on a car I paid 13k for just 9 months ago. Instead I will compromise and add a cam, a touch up job on paint by professional and I’m going to 20” rims and larger tires, cost of about 3k. I did poor mans exhaust and it sounds great, built my own real cold air intake using stock filter, replaced bushings on most suspension parts and upgraded stereo a bit at cost of about 1k. Not counting the brakes, water pump ect ive had to do. That’s probably the extent I will go being I have other hobbies and expenses and am not rich.
Dont let your reach exceed your grasp.
Maybe get into motorcycles. I have a 13 hayabusa 18k miles with turbo and pipes ect, newer paint new tires. One of the fastest things on wheels in world for $8500. And it’s red and black! Lol I’m old so my biking days are over, by over I mean when I sell busa I’ll grab a midnight warrior or some other Japanese cruiser that puts harleys to shame. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.