Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of maybe cutting the vertical lines in my stock grille and color matching it black.I found some threads on this topic but like to know whats the best way to cut them out and after removing them is there going to be any holes.If there is holes how do you fill them.So if any members did this mod can you please post suggestions please.Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was thinking of maybe cutting the vertical lines in my stock grille and color matching it black.I found some threads on this topic but like to know whats the best way to cut them out and after removing them is there going to be any holes.If there is holes how do you fill them.So if any members did this mod can you please post suggestions please.Thanks
It's not worth all the time and effort. JUST BUY A GRIP GRILLE!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know shoeboy23 i am the member that you were talking to Bill from C/3 about starting a thread about how long did it take you to recieve the grip grille.I am still waiting to hear from them about the grille I ordered it on Feb 27.They told me there waiting on grip to ship them and the mesh,I should of just ordered the grille from grip and brought it to a body shop.Maybe i am just impataint?I see the work they do and it looks great.They must be really busy because i email Bill and no answer and i pm them on the forum.While i am waitng on the grille i firgured i try some mods to get better at them.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go for it, best thing to mod plastics in general is called a hotknife, or hotblade, I've heard them called by both. It's a long blade knife that heats up, think of a electric solder gun with attitude, LOL.
anyway, it cuts through the abs like butter and leaves you with an incredibly straight finish, be careful because it ca burn or warp some of the material if you don't have a steady hand and you have to keep it clean (wipe it several times) to avoid build up that will melt other things you didn't mean to cut.

Oh watch for falling (HOT) debris, LOL.

If you think you have a pretty steady hand you can use the electric soldering gun, with the metal element not the flame.

I like doing stereo mods and have cut several bezels, grills, door moldings, ect this way so give it a try, sand it down, have it painted...

Don't break a nail, LOL.
hope it helps.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I know shoeboy23 i am the member that you were talking to Bill from C/3 about starting a thread about how long did it take you to recieve the grip grille.I am still waiting to hear from them about the grille I ordered it on Feb 27.They told me there waiting on grip to ship them and the mesh,I should of just ordered the grille from grip and brought it to a body shop.Maybe i am just impataint?I see the work they do and it looks great.They must be really busy because i email Bill and no answer and i pm them on the forum.While i am waitng on the grille i firgured i try some mods to get better at them.
oh yeah...lol

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decieded not cut out the lines but maybe just coor match the grille to the car.Right now busy with other mods.See what happens in the future looks easy but it isnt lots of prepping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts