Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

D vs. D1 Status

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  vvv90 
#1 ·
I'm a little nervous here. (because I don't trust what dealers tell me)

I just called DCX and they said my SRT-8 is in D1 status.

As I understand that means "scheduled" to be built, but D status means "firm schedule dealer allocated"

Does this mean the date of 4-15 on the order sheet is NOT firm and that my dealer may not have the allocation for this vehicle like he states?

I do have a VIN number and the thing is NOT coming with the kicker system.

#3 ·
C-Man said:
D1 means the factory has it scheduled. D means that your dealer has allocation and the factory will schedule it in the near future. So D1 is farther along than D. Sounds like you are in great shape to get your SRT next month!
Whew!!!!!!!!!!

GOD I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
vvv90 said:
Whew!!!!!!!!!!

GOD I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations...best part is tracking it down the line. You think your stoked now...wait till you feel that car underneath you.....whoaaaa!

#7 ·
SOS said:
That's Right, NO VIN, NO CAR. Your A Winner. Good Luck and ENJOY!!
If your Dealer doesn't have allocation, then just say Good Bye!!This car will double in price,soooner than you think!! What color??
Whoa....It's amazing after I read all these posts about people waiting for their cars for months and months. I do feel humbled and lucky that I was able to just mosey into the dealership 2 minutes from me 2 days ago, put $1000 down on the EXACT car I wanted (options and all) for sticker price in D1 status.

I feel very fortunate.

#8 ·
vvv90 said:
Whoa....It's amazing after I read all these posts about people waiting for their cars for months and months. I do feel humbled and lucky that I was able to just mosey into the dealership 2 minutes from me 2 days ago, put $1000 down on the EXACT car I wanted (options and all) for sticker price in D1 status.

I feel very fortunate.
Just to let you know there are at least 7 stages of "D". I couldn't get a clear answer from anybody, including the Brampton guys, what any of them meant after D2. It was all good though. I got my car & that's all that counts. :)

Rambit

#9 ·
Rambit said:
Just to let you know there are at least 7 stages of "D". I couldn't get a clear answer from anybody, including the Brampton guys, what any of them meant after D2. It was all good though. I got my car & that's all that counts. :)

Rambit
Hmm...I see....Ok, so here's the most important question. From what you know of your situation and others on this forum, if the car is in D1 status does it tend to get to the dealership on the time they tell you it will?

I just don't want some BS about oh maybe next week, or next month.

#10 ·
vvv90 said:
Hmm...I see....Ok, so here's the most important question. From what you know of your situation and others on this forum, if the car is in D1 status does it tend to get to the dealership on the time they tell you it will?

I just don't want some BS about oh maybe next week, or next month.
when I got my build order and von, they gave me a estimated ship date. The car went D several weeks before, and d1 4 or 5 days before the ship date. It went through the different "build codes" over the course of a day or two, and shipped on the planned date. I had it one week later from the dealer..

#11 ·
SRT8/BMW said:
when I got my build order and von, they gave me a estimated ship date. The car went D several weeks before, and d1 4 or 5 days before the ship date. It went through the different "build codes" over the course of a day or two, and shipped on the planned date. I had it one week later from the dealer..
Thanks, then it sounds like I'm right on schedule for the 15th.

#12 ·
Can anyone give me a phone number to contact Chrysler to get build status? My dealer doesn't seem to know anything and I am not sure who to contact. Thanks.

#13 ·
The DCX number is 800-992-1997 and options 2,1,5. Good luck dealing with these folks. Don't ask them anything too complicated.

Apparently, once you get a vin and know the "Dealer's Code", you can track it yourself online. You would need to search the forum for the full instructions. I don't have a vin yet, so I still have to call DCX.

#14 ·
srt42 said:
Apparently, once you get a vin and know the "Dealer's Code", you can track it yourself online. You would need to search the forum for the full instructions. I don't have a vin yet, so I still have to call DCX.
Thats news to me :confused: where did you hear that?

#15 ·
srt42 said:
pparently, once you get a vin and know the "Dealer's Code", you can track it yourself online. You would need to search the forum for the full instructions. I don't have a vin yet, so I still have to call DCX.
I don't believe this can be done any longer. I did it with my C. However DCX put a stop to this last year; presumably after eager impending owners taxed the system tracking their future vehicle's every move. DCX cited security concerns when disabling this tracking option. :(

#16 ·
300C4ME said:
I don't believe this can be done any longer. I did it with my C. However DCX put a stop to this last year; presumably after eager impending owners taxed the system tracking their future vehicle's every move. DCX cited security concerns when disabling this tracking option. :(
Well, I'm not sure how detailed this tracking is, but I called 2 days ago and they gave me a status at least.

#17 ·
I just got off the phone with DCX in Tennessee. The guy there was very helpful; the first person I've talked over there who actually seemed to have it altogether. He told me that I was not D-1 status but D status but that I have a confirmed build date of April 19th. Said that was the first 06 he has seen with a build date so far. I believe he might be right because I don't think any of the people over at the Brampton site has seen any 06 SRT8's go through the line yet. He also was the first person I talked to over there who was good with their computor system, he gave me a complete list of my options and know most all of the codes. He also told me that I have the Kicker Stereo system confirmed in my car and that the DVD option (I don't have) code#XRV will only be put on the later in the year models and that there are still so far only two paint options be offered. This by far was the most info I have gotten out of anybody over there at DCX.
So yes, you can still get through.

amant
2006 300SRT8 Silver getting just a little closer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.